sharetrader
Page 20 of 116 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    IMO

Ive missed the boat and no way will i invest at these sorts of prices/valuations. As i think i said before a friend has made well into 7 figures in Tesla and its the only stock he holds!. Hes locked it in for another 10 years, not even free carrying it. Im too old to be taking on that sort of double risk.Its more about protecting my assets these days and growing them a little in a low risk way(although i do have small trading portfolio). Each to his own.

so close to 500000 vehicles, only 450 short. Forecasts are for 800k cars in 2021 now. I can only see the share price climbing, it was up 3% overnight with the Dow being down. With GIGA Berlin and Austin due to open in 2021 production could double in 2022 with over 1.5m vehicles being produced. I know the current share price seems high but could well seem cheap when looking back in 2 years time. I'm trying to buy more in weakness but there doesn't seem to be any at the moment. Share price could reach us$1000 his quarter so don't think you have missed the boat.

Guru

One has to wonder where it will stop.

Elon Musk is now the World richest man. Share price closed $816.04 and up another $12.94 after hours. The share price is only going to keep climbing. Sometime this year there could be another share split when/if the price gets to $2000 plus. I watch a video this morning with Jeremy Clarkson test driving a model x, he loved it apart from the price and it beat an Audi V10 in a drag race. Big developments to come in 2021 leading to upscale production in 2022, battery development, reduction in per vehicle price once those factors playout.
    Those who think it will be 10 years away that the EV's replace ICE vehicles even here in NZ need to reassess their timelines. I never thought a year ago I would ever own one but liking the new Ford Mustang Mach-E depending on price but if Tesla can produce a modern US$25000 car as per their goal then that would be a world changer.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Elon Musk is now the World richest man. Share price closed $816.04 and up another $12.94 after hours. The share price is only going to keep climbing. Sometime this year there could be another share split when/if the price gets to $2000 plus. I watch a video this morning with Jeremy Clarkson test driving a model x, he loved it apart from the price and it beat an Audi V10 in a drag race. Big developments to come in 2021 leading to upscale production in 2022, battery development, reduction in per vehicle price once those factors playout.
    Those who think it will be 10 years away that the EV's replace ICE vehicles even here in NZ need to reassess their timelines. I never thought a year ago I would ever own one but liking the new Ford Mustang Mach-E depending on price but if Tesla can produce a modern US$25000 car as per their goal then that would be a world changer.
    Yeah it also represents a bit of a shift in business models and understanding of a company. So many "old school" investment analysts never understood it and likewise a lot of people on this board.

I sold 1/6th of my holding yesterday at 758 and just blown away its now got legs to 830.

I wish i had bought more shares when I did. Was scared due to everyone saying its going to pop soon etc but every time i waited it went up another few hundred or so. I bit the bullet and just put a little money in. I think people need to realise that Tesla is more than just a motor company, just like how people thought amazon was just a online book company back in the day.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    I guess tesla will keep building in value in the meantime but it's still the most insane company of all time...
    Tesla does not make money!
    Eventually Tesla will get necked right off...

Are you sure it doesn't make money ?

https://ir.tesla.com/

Try P4 & P24 of the latest release (Oct 20 Shareholder PDF)

and that's just the start on growing Qtrly unit deliveries, Revenues, increasing free cashflow etc ..

Last edited by nztx; 10-01-2021 at 06:34 AM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    I guess tesla will keep building in value in the meantime but it's still the most insane company of all time...
    Tesla does not make money!
    Eventually Tesla will get necked right off...
    I think share price is just riding on the cult of Elon Musk

Advanced Member

Crypto what’s the PE of Bitcoin ?

IMO

Wish I'd followed my mates advice and bought a year ago, he's re 1.5 to $2 million upt_up:
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 10-01-2021 at 07:27 PM.