sharetrader
Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Eventually Tesla does the full retrace because they just dont make money....
    Yesterday Elon Musk messaged about Bitcoin on Twitter and Bitcoin directly rose $4k in response...
    But in financial markets numbers eventually speak... Tesla just doesn't have the numbers they never have and probably never will... it will become far more competitive aswell...

When someone tells yah they own Tesla stock, regardless if it performs of not, then straight away you know they are a noob and have no real idea what they are doing with their money....
    Luck can only take you so far...
    There is no justification for this mcap... there never has been and never will be...
    Tesla is just Goodwill and marketing...
    It's such a sick proposition it makes crypto look tame
    cc
    but they do make money - dont they .. as proven earlier, as they published in accounts ..

P/E is marginally better too ..

must be time to see if there's an available empty truck ..

How's the Bitcoin PE going ? ..

All Bitcoin gains & losses appear to be fully taxable too it seems ..
    Last edited by nztx; 30-01-2021 at 11:33 PM. Reason: add more

I love Tesla and Elon Musk (even read one of his biographies) but..

Can anyone explain the value proposition of Tesla to me? Even if it was guaranteed to become the biggest car manufacturer in the world (huge IF) surely if you discounted those future cash flows to their value now it would only be worth about what? half of what Toyota or Volkswagon is worth currently? Instead I read the other day it is worth more than the 5 largest car manufacturers combined?

Is it the data they are collecting? Is the bet that they will be first to crack self driving (before google/apple/some chinese company?). Then what? they license their software? Or maybe they just sell the data to other self driving companies? Would that be worth $600B (or whatever gap you think there is between their value as a car maker and their market cap)? how would you quantify what that might be worth?

To me it seems the current value is driven by sentiment/hope but I was wondering for the true believers, how do they justify it?

DFABPCLMB

Cathie Woods from Ark Investments defends her call for TSLA to be US$4,000 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5PYDR12jQ
    It's 3 minutes 20, so not too long.

She mentions the autonomous taxi network as the prize in that video. I have heard her talk about other disruptive technology from Tesla that also piques her interest. She doesn't view Tesla as a car company, rather she sees it as a disruptive technology company, e.g. batteries. That said, it is still an eye watering PE ratio which requires sales/profit growth to follow an exponential curve to prove her right. I don't hold but I watch it.

Legend

I see Elon liked the look of GME after seeing his favourite Hedgie sitting on the other side of the room ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Cathie Woods from Ark Investments defends her call for TSLA to be US$4,000 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5PYDR12jQ
    It's 3 minutes 20, so not too long.

She mentions the autonomous taxi network as the prize in that video. I have heard her talk about other disruptive technology from Tesla that also piques her interest. She doesn't view Tesla as a car company, rather she sees it as a disruptive technology company, e.g. batteries. That said, it is still an eye watering PE ratio which requires sales/profit growth to follow an exponential curve to prove her right. I don't hold but I watch it.
    I guess if they were guaranteed to crack self driving first you could justify their current value and she seems to think they are the frontrunner. It seems like that is far from guaranteed though and I'm not convinced they have a chance worth $500B-$600B to do it (although to be fair I have no idea). For instance google seem to think you can't do it with just cameras alone, need to have lidar as well.

Even if they do crack it, presumably they wouldn't be able to manufacture cars fast enough to satisfy demand.. so you wouldn't see fleets of Tesla's? But I presume owning the software is the most valuable part anyway.

DFABPCLMB

@James108: Being the gatekeeper has a lot of value and I guess that is what they are aiming for. Elon Musk believes LIDAR has its limitations & is power hungry, and prefers instead to rely on cameras with visual input with support from other systems. Time will tell who is right.
    Source: https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/22/an...lon-musk-says/

I thought she may have a point that Tesla is the front runner due to the data they have. However, if you have a look on Wikipedia it looks like google is 1 or 2 orders of magnitude further ahead in terms uninterrupted driving time.

Time will tell.. you are right interested to keep an eye on this.

Curious what the crypto haters and tsla fans think of its purchase of btc? There seem to be plenty of you in this thread

Think it was motived to gain another stream of BUYers for his EVs ---VW + Toyota are coming for TESLA

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...source=twitter

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/02...ies-this-year/

... I think Tesla SP will fall from here and some of that comes from the company blowing funds on a Crypto play..they are going need all the funds to keep afloat as Tesla models will need updated to keep up the real AUTO makers
    Last edited by JBmurc; 11-02-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu