sharetrader
Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Pop goes the bubble - down 34% in the last few days. Its like a game of musical chairs or a Ponzi scheme, you don't want to be left holding the crying baby when the music stops.

There's a vast range of new electric vehicles coming out in the next few years from companies that know how to build them in a high quality way.

Reality will bite shareholders in a major way in the years ahead...its only just started in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Pop goes the bubble - down 34% in the last few days. Its like a game of musical chairs or a Ponzi scheme, you don't want to be left holding the crying baby when the music stops.

There's a vast range of new electric vehicles coming out in the next few years from companies that know how to build them in a high quality way.

Reality will bite shareholders in a major way in the years ahead...its only just started in my opinion.
    Don't forget that most of the yet to be manufactors will use the Tesla technology, watch the million mile battery presentation later on this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

But but but.... tech company, elon is awesome, it can only go up!

I'll be very surprised if this is the last ramp. I loved the theory that the reason Tesla wasn't added to the S&P 500 was because index fund managers asked them to hold off so they can buy some more stocks before they are forced to add them when it does get added.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Don't forget that most of the yet to be manufactors will use the Tesla technology, watch the million mile battery presentation later on this month.
    Yeah, who cares about fundamentals.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/jim-...the-table.html

About a year ago I took at tiny position in Tesla - cost $49 a share. I'm generally a value investor and felt the recent valuations were excessive, so over the last few months I've sold half my holding at about 5 times what I paid.
    Like it or not EVs are going to replace ICE cars, legacy manufacturers (particularly in Germany) have alot of costly baggage. In the test market of Norway EVs are already at 70% of the market. Market share is rapidly increasing in the Netherlands and Germany it is mid teens, in France and UK about 10%.
    Renault has the popular Zoe, The Koreans have great little cars and VW will turn up to the party with ID3 and ID4. China is coming to Europe with Polestar and MG.
    Here are my predictions so that I can be ridiculed with hindsight....
    There will be more than a million EVs sold in Europe (including UK) in 2021
    Tesla will increase sales in Europe in 2021, but loose EV market share.
    Tesla will sell more than 250,000 cars in China in 2021. The price there will drop as they move towards 100% local, they will sell more than 350,000 Tesla in China in 2022.
    Tesla will sell more vehicles in 2023 than BMW.
    Tesla will sell more than 150,000 Cybertruck in 2022
    Tesla's energy business will rapidly accelerate and generate significant profits within two years.

Risk Manager for FTX

Today: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/jim-...ur-toe-in.html

Throwback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Eb...ture=emb_title

---

TSLA down 20% yesterday, up 10% today. Almost like a roulette table :o

I wouldn't underestimate the brand power of the likes of BMW, Mercedes Benz and the VW group who are bringing a lot of EV's to the market in the near future. These are aspirational brands that are extremely well known. Very few people keep their cars longer than 15 years so in my view very few care if the battery lasts 1,000,000 miles or 300,000 miles. The Germans are offering 8 year EV battery warranties just like Tesla.

Lots of experts on CNBC this morning saying take some money off the table and sell the bounce. Okay to gamble and speculate as long as your doing it with the House's money, (i.e. sell enough stock to get your original investment back). Makes profound common sense to "free ride" something like this assuming staying in at this level is a good idea at all.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2020 at 10:15 AM.

What car UK, 13,000 owners executive cars reliability
    Reliability for executive cars aged up to five years old
    Rank Make and model Score
    1. Tesla Model 3 2019-on 99.4%
    2. Skoda Superb petrol 2016-on 98.3%
    3. Mazda 6 2013-on 98.0%
    4. Vauxhall Insignia 2008-2017 97.8%
    5. BMW 3 Series petrol 2012-2019 97.3%
    6. Ford Mondeo 2014-on 97.0%
    7. Kia Optima 2016-on 96.7%
    8. Audi A3 Saloon 2013-2020 96.3%
    9. Volvo V60 2013-on 95.1%
    10. BMW 3 Series diesel 2012-2019 95.0%
    11. Jaguar XE 2015-on 94.7%
    12. BMW 3 Series 2019-on 94.4%
    13. Audi A4 petrol 2015-on 93.5%
    14. Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016-on 93.1%
    15. Skoda Superb diesel 2016-on 93.0%
    16. Volkswagen Passat 2015-on 92.1%
    17. Audi A4 diesel 2015-on 89.8%

18. Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 2017-on 87.4%

19. Mercedes C-Class 2014-on 87.3%

You are correct Beagle. There is a gush of new EVs coming, but they will eat ICE sales rather than kill Tesla.
    The new VW group EV cars make much more sense to many than buying a ICE VW.
    Next year I estimate VW ID3/ID4 will take a third of VW Golf sales in the UK (they sold about 60,000 Golf last year).
    Take a look at Lucid Air and speculate on which German luxury carmaker is going to loose the most sales in USA.