sharetrader
Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Don't know how old you are but I remember the dot.com craze of 20 years ago like it was yesterday. I think every 15-20 years or so another generation of investors comes along that thinks they have figured out new metrics and ways of valuing companies. This is very much looking like the dot.com craze of 2000 and we all know how that ended.

All it takes is some other manufacturer to come out with a new battery technology that's superior, patent their invention and the house of cards will come tumbling down.

If that doesn't happen then there's all the established vehicle manufactures coming out with competing product. EXTREMLY high risk at the current price in my opinion.

Caveat Emptor
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

70 + and seen a few.

May aswell ride it if you can!

Although I agree valuations feel stretched, we are no where near the dotcom level mania yet. The whole nasdaq doubled in in approx 6 months didn't it? We're up around 50% over the last 12 months.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    May aswell ride it if you can!

Although I agree valuations feel stretched, we are no where near the dotcom level mania yet. The whole nasdaq doubled in in approx 6 months didn't it? We're up around 50% over the last 12 months.
    I think we're getting there. TINA, (There is no alternative to stocks) is seeing to that and people are putting some interesting prices on stocks with no reliable history of earnings.

Old hands like Whatsup should realise something is up and following a sea of crazed silicon valley money rushing headlong into tech might not be the best idea for 2020.

But wait there's more !! https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/ark-...per-share.html

Tesla analyst says its going to $6,000. Better BUY then, what could possibly go wrong
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-01-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

$6,000 !!!

To the moon!! oops I mean to the asteroid belt

Elon Musk’s Tesla Roadster, which launched on top of SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy earlier today, is going farther out into the Solar System than originally planned. The car was supposed to be put on a path around the Sun that would take the vehicle out to the distance of Mars’ orbit. But the rocket carrying the car seems to have overshot that trajectory and has put the Tesla in an orbit that extends out into the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter
    Last edited by peat; 15-01-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Take a look at this video of how in 10 months a muddy field turned into a car factory already capable of producing 150,000 cars a year. China has already sold out until the end of March. He has reason for his Dad dance, the doubters are still denying that he has built anything.
    The "Tesla Killers" have been coming for years. Jaguar IPace and Etron are already out and selling in small numbers relative to Tesla. Porshe has a nice car, but it is expensive and the range is a joke, Mercedes EQC sales so far are pathetic. Teslas mission statement supports other car manufactures building electric. Every electric car sold of any kind is a win for Tesla.
    The shareprice seems stupid, but taking a 5 year view I can see how it can be justified. There are several new vehicles coming on stream. There is a solar division that may gain traction, plus energy storage and Tesla owns a chain of chargers.
    Disclosure
    I own less than one share and am not planning on buying more at this price.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Take a look at this video of how in 10 months a muddy field turned into a car factory already capable of producing 150,000 cars a year. China has already sold out until the end of March. He has reason for his Dad dance, the doubters are still denying that he has built anything.
    The "Tesla Killers" have been coming for years. Jaguar IPace and Etron are already out and selling in small numbers relative to Tesla. Porshe has a nice car, but it is expensive and the range is a joke, Mercedes EQC sales so far are pathetic. Teslas mission statement supports other car manufactures building electric. Every electric car sold of any kind is a win for Tesla.
    The shareprice seems stupid, but taking a 5 year view I can see how it can be justified. There are several new vehicles coming on stream. There is a solar division that may gain traction, plus energy storage and Tesla owns a chain of chargers.
    Disclosure
    I own less than one share and am not planning on buying more at this price.

So do I.

Handsome Member

Enjoy the ride guys, been holding 140 shares for ages now. The SP is becoming stupid but enjoying the ride so far.

Guru

and do not forget the 16 wheeler and the pickup, many more models yet to come, hold on for the ride, there will be ups and downs but the future is in EV's !!!!