sharetrader
Page 91 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
    Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I spent a lot of money today on some real beat up bloody stocks.

"Fortune favours the brave". It seems that you have been one of those brave TG.

In recent months, buying on the dip has served the disciplined VERY well. However, having some "insurance policies" in place should ideally be part of a disciplined trading strategy, whatever your view on the market.

For what it is worth, imho TSLA is starting to show some mid-term signs of fatigue. Circa $1000 is clearly an area of support/resistance. As much from a psychological perspective as anything else. It MAY bounce off/around this level for a period, but it could just as easily slice straight through it to the downside sometime over the next 10 trading days.

From what you say, you have a heavy bias in your equity portfolio towards TSLA. Young man, I would encourage you to at least have some cheap, out of the money, Put options in play.
    Last edited by FTG; 04-12-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Seriously?

My limit buy was 1000 I went to make a coffee and stock bottoms at 1000.25

WTF??:lol
    Ouch, i know the feeling.

Keep the comments up - I'm quietly reading from the sidelines.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

[QUOTE=hereweare;929951]Ouch, i know the feeling.

Keep the comments up - I'm quietly reading from the sidelines.[/QUOTE]

Me too

Elon Musk has sold another billion dollars of Tesla shares, bringing his share sales total since November 8 to $10.9 billion

Well I re-established at 1091 when it was on the way up. We will see how it goes. I am trying to maintain a general position (and with AIR) but you can't fight the tape the whole time. I am just waiting for the moment Teslarians realise that Telsa is launching 4 new cars in 2022(actually just upgrades) while there are at least 35 from other manufacturers. The 2023 year will worse for Tesla and imo Telsa can't fight that tape
    How's that going?
    Same with AIR, just waiting for the cap raise or whatever happens.

China TESLA November deliveries miss 52859 Vs street estimates of 55000
    My expectation is that production was higher than this. There are multiple boats that have left Shanghai, but not docked. I don't know if they are in the delivery figures. There is also a delay between Chinese buyers receiving cars and registering them.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

TSLA up+ 1.82% on Fed forward guidance taking a firmer stance on inflation.

Next catalyst to push TSLA share price higher, Elon needs to sell the remaining 30% of shares.
    <> Will he stop at 30%?

CNBC article...

Elon Musk’s sale of $906 million in Tesla stock Monday brings him one step closer to his ultimate sales goal. The big question: what is the goal?
    Based on his November Twitter poll, Musk plans to sell 10% of his total Tesla shares. At the time, he owned just over 170 million shares, so theoretically he plans to sell about 17 million shares to fulfill his Twitter pledge.

As of Tuesday morning, he has sold a total of 11.9 million shares, according to InsiderScore/Verity. The sales have been spread over a dizzying 680 sales for a total of about $12.7 billion. Based on his 10% target, he would likely sell another 5 million shares — which at Monday’s closing price of around $966 would be more than $4.8 billion.
    It could end up being more, however. Musk is making two kinds of stock sales — one to pay taxes on his compensation package and the other for straight cash-outs, or “to-pocket” sales.

Guru

Still can't get over the Texas hq relocation.

Texas is where you park your $7.50/hr labour jobs but its not good for much else.

IMO

Thanks for the update. Is Starlink and that game changing necklace of satellites being put around the earth owned by Tesla?