sharetrader
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Musk has lost the first off the mark advantage ,there are lots of competitors in or coming to the EV space.some of these are very experienced car makers .The Chinese manufacturers are really gearing up with some great vehicles https://www.nio.io/

Maybe they will survive after all..

https://www.thestreet.com/opinion/te...aways-14670965

Sounds like somebody pulled Musk aside and pointed out that being rude to analysts and refusing to answer their questions is not a great thing to do if you need to raise capital in future.

a profitable quarter!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Its easy to put a link in peat.
    Tesla turns a profit in Q3 despite Musk

I bought a bunch for long term hold today because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDkPb09oZs

Guru

Been a holder for 2 years and finally made my entry price again and then some US$420 + with massive short covering since the last Qr ann of increasing sales and with this weeks report from China ( mega factory ) the worst appears behind Tesla and serious orders now being expected, is now the 3rd biggest auto company in the world and who knows where it could finish, Im picking that it has the brightest future of any auto company in the world atm !

My 2 cents. They are making hay while the sun shines and that's fine. Over the next couple of years we are going to see a wide range of new EV models coming on stream from Audi, Mercedes-Benz and BMW among many others and people will have the opportunity to buy EV's with high quality German assembly standards.

I don't know about others but I'd rather own an EV from a well recognised European manufacturer with first class assembly and fit out standards. When customers have far more choice with their EV purchase it will be interesting to see how Tesla sales holds up. From an investment case perspective the shares are priced like they're going to be the dominant EV manufacturer and I don't think that's going to be the case in the future, but like all things about the future, time will tell.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-01-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

The weese out is that the TSLA technology is the worlds best as the European motor makers have not yet nailed the necessary tech, their battery is heavier and drives fewer Km or miles than TSLA, last nights 3%( $444 ) S P jump is another endorsement for the company.

IMHO TSLA could easily be a US $600 dollar stock which for every US $1 increase equals N Z $1.55 approx. and of course the opposite is also true.

BMW have their Gen 5 electric motors ready for the new BMW I4. 390 kw's and BMW build quality...Hmmmm
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    My 2 cents. They are making hay while the sun shines and that's fine. Over the next couple of years we are going to see a wide range of new EV models coming on stream from Audi, Mercedes-Benz and BMW among many others and people will have the opportunity to buy EV's with high quality German assembly standards.

I don't know about others but I'd rather own an EV from a well recognised European manufacturer with first class assembly and fit out standards. When customers have far more choice with their EV purchase it will be interesting to see how Tesla sales holds up. From an investment case perspective the shares are priced like they're going to be the dominant EV manufacturer and I don't think that's going to be the case in the future, but like all things about the future, time will tell.

Beagle, you've been citing European quality far too many times and the market is saying, European quality is irrelevant when it comes to buying EVs. Consider how much a flop Mercedez is having with their "deemed Tesla killer" only 55 EQCs sold.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-kill...flops-germany/

"One might just wonder if Mercedes cannot sell its electric SUV in its own backyard, how will its electric vehicles do in other markets that it depends on for revenue, such as China and the United States? The company has announced that it is delaying the release of the EQC in the US for another year, which does not bode well for the vehicle. As for Tesla, the game to conquer Europe begins soon with Tesla Gigafactory 4, and it has already opened the floodgates in China with the first deliveries of itsmass-produced Model 3 electric sedans."

and as i've mentioned before to you, ALL other EV makers are simply far behind Tesla in terms of infotainment and autonomous driving. Clear example is this review comparing a Model 3 to BMW's $300K top of the line M850i Gran Coupe.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-vs-b...-battle-video/

The video reviewer simply says while the BMW is a high end luxury performance car, one has to justify a whopping x 3 times the price compared to the Model 3. He's speaking in terms of autonomous driving ; quite clearly, the BMW is nothing near like Tesla's autonomous driving abiity and should be simply called 'adaptive cruise control' with 'auto lane control' ; and nothing more.

What i'm seeing is a lot of misinformation. These European brands talking about their cars being autonomous driving ability but are simply far from well... you get the idea.

No rational person is going to pay a huge price tag for an EV just because it's 'European'. 2nd, Telsa has patented new battery technology ; how will other car makes going to compete with that ? You can bet your boot the Germans have spent hoards of $$ on R&D on new battery techs.... to only just fall short of Tesla's ability. Why? Because they are ICE car makers and not battery tech / software makers.