sharetrader
Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Guru

Heard on CNBC that the Chinese have only to wait 1-2 months for a permit to own a E V v's 12 months for a conventional vehicle, could be one reason why they are so popular amoungst many others.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    b c , nice to hear of a ballsy trade , but have you heard the latest from Crammer, says that it is headed higher than the recent record $960+ but could not say when, I tend to agree and was that the reason for todays bounce ?
    Cheers whatsup, I know its ballsy, I know shorting is dangerous so its only a small trade. Cramer hhmmmm, he is a funny guy, but they did some Phd study on him and he underperforms the market was the conclusion. But yeah I know TSLA can go higher, much higher. But it can also go much lower. I have lived through 2 bubbles now and this smacks of one. Although it could well be that we are still in the initial stages of said bubble and TSLA goes up to $5,000 before falling to more realistic levels. Time will tell. I have a tight stop in place if things get out of hand.

Did the books for a angora goat farmer in the 1980's and as mentioned the other day at one point the market value for a good breeding angora goat got to $15,000 a head.
    I remember as a young accountant sitting down with him and asking how they could possibly be worth that much and being completely perplexed with his answer.
    Wonder what they are worth now.... https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-f...4e7de04d76-001 Seen the big bubble in Deer prices collapse too and who can forget the dotcom era when the Nasdaq fell a whopping 90% in a period of time after many companies with bubbles therein went "pop".

Tesla zealots will always point to a number of factors that suggest world domination is imminent including claims their battery technology is better, their electric drive units more technically advanced and so on. There is undeniably massive competition coming and the write up in the current February 2020 issue of N.Z. Autocar on the Mercedes-Benz EQC is an interesting read. You can now have typical Mercedes-Benz quality with your EV and they are rolling out 7 more EV models over the next couple of years. Audi too have a large number of EV's coming between now and 2024 as do BMW and Jaguar. GM, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai and many others are in the advanced stages of preparing for a massive new model onslaught with EV's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Did the books for a angora goat farmer in the 1980's and as mentioned the other day at one point the market value for a good breeding angora goat got to $15,000 a head.
    I remember as a young accountant sitting down with him and asking how they could possibly be worth that much and being completely perplexed with his answer.
    Wonder what they are worth now.... https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-f...4e7de04d76-001 Seen the big bubble in Deer prices collapse too and who can forget the dotcom era when the Nasdaq fell a whopping 90% in a period of time after many companies with bubbles therein went "pop".

Tesla zealots will always point to a number of factors that suggest world domination is imminent including claims their battery technology is better, their electric drive units more technically advanced and so on. There is undeniably massive competition coming and the write up in the current February 2020 issue of N.Z. Autocar on the Mercedes-Benz EQC is an interesting read. You can now have typical Mercedes-Benz quality with your EV and they are rolling out 7 more EV models over the next couple of years. Audi too have a large number of EV's coming between now and 2024 as do BMW and Jaguar. GM, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai and many others are in the advanced stages of preparing for a massive new model onslaught with EV's.
    Beagle Tend to agree but a driving force of the livestock boom was the tax write off that prevailed at the time, nothing to do with livestock value if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Lmao a vague analogy to something that was overvalued that is so apple's and oranges... well I dont have an analogy for how bad I think your analogy is.

Does an angora goat have the ability to be scaled?

Let's hope the legacy makers do up their game on EVs, otherwise they will die. The question is how quickly will the switch to EVs happen. There are several cities and countries where new fossil fuel based cars will be banned in the coming years. Evs are already over 50% of the new car market in Norway. New fossil fuel run car sales have been rapidly falling in France, UK, Germany and even Australia. Renault and Peugeot have good EVs in the market, The Koreans are doing well, but seem to be supply limited. The Leaf sells well, despite the battery issues. VW, Porsche, Audi and Mercedes will eventually sort out their production issues. Toyota will be working on full evs in case their strategy of Fuel Cells and Hybrids fails. Tesla needs these companies to succeed. The question is will Tesla have no market share of the car market or 20%. That is the difference between Tesla at $0 and Tesla at $15,000 a share.

Definitely in a bubble but we will go back up before we go down. This is classic behaviour.

I expect we hit 850 - 880 before go back down again. I think the shake out of 30% from it's peak means we probably won't see the highs again.... could be wrong
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

What would happen to TSLA shareprice if Eion dies?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If he dies the price would drop, but the technology would not be uninvented, the momentum of change would likely slow.

Here is an unpaid EQC review for you Beagle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MTUx77n4Ww