sharetrader
Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1157

Looking forward to Q2 results and to find out how well the two new factories have been doing in ramping up production levels.

I would not get your hopes up Pedro, the ramp from both factories will be slow. Texas is having trouble with new battery production (they have a backup plan of using the same ones as Fremont). Berlin has been hampered by the Shanghai shutdown, as they currently get drivetrain and battery packs from there. Berlin has started a second shift - they are using the time to train workers.

IMO

Got it now ,FSD = Full Self Driving

Sorry for the jargon Joshuatree. Tesla has been selling FSD (full self driving) software for several years and Elon has been promising they will crack it soon for years. The cost in USA is US$12,000 and it transfers with the car, so there are many unhappy purchasers since functionality is still limited. It is generalist, in that they hope it will be able to drive anywhere, whereas Google's Waymo is limited to specific routes and locations. There are some interesting warts and all Youtube clips of people training it (over 100,000 drivers now). It is available in NZ for about the same price in $NZ, but functionality is even more limited than it is in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I would not get your hopes up Pedro, the ramp from both factories will be slow. Texas is having trouble with new battery production (they have a backup plan of using the same ones as Fremont). Berlin has been hampered by the Shanghai shutdown, as they currently get drivetrain and battery packs from there. Berlin has started a second shift - they are using the time to train workers.
    Agree, I'm certainly not expecting huge numbers but hopefully they have got to the point that they are past the myriad of startup issues that must always be part of getting such large scale projects underway...

Tesla the most overvalued company the world has ever seen taking a pull back to 700 bucks...

I won't even buy Tesla at $100...!

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Tesla the most overvalued company the world has ever seen taking a pull back to 700 bucks...

I won't even buy Tesla at $100...!
    It is highly unlikely anybody will buy it at $100, although there is a stock split coming up, so you may get that chance. I realise that investments that have earnings might be a scary concept for those that play in the NFT and Crypto space.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It is highly unlikely anybody will buy it at $100, although there is a stock split coming up, so you may get that chance. I realise that investments that have earnings might be a scary concept for those that play in the NFT and Crypto space.
    You have a point regards the crypto "investor". However, $100 could well be where it should be.

As expected, the new factories have been bleeding cash. Germany has a recall on the cars performance cars produced and has started making long range model Y as China will shut down for a few weeks in July. Texas has now started making cars using the older style batteries as they are still struggling to ramp the newer battery production. I'm now expecting one-offs of at least US$700 million and about 260,000 cars delivered in the quarter.

Where did Tesla dog go