sharetrader
Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thank you for bring some interesting perspective to this debate. Here the so called people's car the Tesla 3 in base guise with no options has an asking price of $75,000 plus on road costs. How many Kiwi families can afford that ? I see at least 10 Nissan Leaf's on the road for every Tesla.

The point is Tesla is not making money on a sustainable basis so how do they fund future R&D ? Meanwhile the giant and highly experienced VW group have invested $91 Billion in EV...Tesla shareholders might like to ponder what the result of all the R&D research might involve ? Just one major game changing technological advancement that's patented by the VW Group could see the playing field change dramatically. https://europe.autonews.com/automake...estment-rivals

Beagle, Hit $1400.00 PER SHARE last night stunning, looks like the $2000.00 target (may ) be reached this year, who would have believed that in Jan this year when it was circa $300-$400.00 per share!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Woke up this morning after putting a small short on yesterday. Did not expect that at all. Wow. Shorted at 936.12 and now its trading at 729.98. Not even sure what happened yet. Still feel its overpriced so will sit this one out a bit longer.
    b----c--, Hope you have closed out your short ? if so let us know the numbers please?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    b----c--, Hope you have closed out your short ? if so let us know the numbers please?
    Haha, yeah long gone that one. But I am watching this one with amazement and looking for another short but too scared at the moment...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Haha, yeah long gone that one. But I am watching this one with amazement and looking for another short but too scared at the moment...
    Well done I love success stories.

Its a pretty basic investment case.

Auto industry is going to go all or majority EV over the next couple of years.

Tesla is mile, miles ahead of every other "auto maker" (tesla is really a tech company that happens to make cars though), the argument that VW, Ford, Toyota will catch up is hilarious. You can do this research for yourself - just go test drive a Tesla. Eg, Porsche have been working on an EV supercar for years... it comes out.. its slower than a model 3, has less range, and costs about twice as much!

So therefore, just on their auto products, they will be massive, possibly a trillion dollar revenue company.
    Not to mention their other products and stuff they can do, batteries, the self driving tech - which is all done on data. Nearest competitor has 20 million miles of data for self driving tech... Tesla has 3 billion.

Easiest case ever to put money in, the potential upside is huge. I went in big at $260, then again when it dropped to $200. Pretty happy right now. Was easy decision after reading Elon's book and seeing the drive and commitment he had to put EVERYTHING into this company, and then test driving one at the same time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    Its a pretty basic investment case.

Auto industry is going to go all or majority EV over the next couple of years.

Tesla is mile, miles ahead of every other "auto maker" (tesla is really a tech company that happens to make cars though), the argument that VW, Ford, Toyota will catch up is hilarious. You can do this research for yourself - just go test drive a Tesla. Eg, Porsche have been working on an EV supercar for years... it comes out.. its slower than a model 3, has less range, and costs about twice as much!

So therefore, just on their auto products, they will be massive, possibly a trillion dollar revenue company.
    Not to mention their other products and stuff they can do, batteries, the self driving tech - which is all done on data. Nearest competitor has 20 million miles of data for self driving tech... Tesla has 3 billion.

Easiest case ever to put money in, the potential upside is huge. I went in big at $260, then again when it dropped to $200. Pretty happy right now. Was easy decision after reading Elon's book and seeing the drive and commitment he had to put EVERYTHING into this company, and then test driving one at the same time.
    a l , Well done very interesting story ( book ) and business see Paypal , one thing that I would like to know is how much profit/margin is made per( average ) car so as to judge TSLA's future numbers , I read somewhere that the average BMW produces US $5000.00 profit/margin per car, whether the Republicans or Democrats win in the U S does not seem to matter for the future of TSLA as it has momentum now and its future will only become more dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post

Miles ahead in the EV component, yes. Miles ahead in every other aspect? No. Handling, quality of production, interior comfort etc. are all areas where Tesla could and are improving, but these are aspects most consumers will consider along with range and cost.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Tesla in a major bubble
    What detractors do not understand about Tesla, its all about their technology and in particular its their batteries which gives them their massive edge , with this they are a lighter and more powerful vehicle which no other manufacture can come within a mile of, imo they will be the leader of the pack for many years to come.

What Im looking forward to is the decision to manufacture of a sports car, hard top and convertible , now this would be a head turner and will imo be the most exciting vehicle release since the Mustang in the mid 1060,s.

Guru

What can I say ,time will tell, I wont be selling my shares just yet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Oh wow you own Tesla shares...
    Talk about self sabotage lol...
    Ave cost $425 U S held some for over a year , balance bought in Jan this year.