sharetrader
Page 19 of 116 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

been a pretty crazy month, will probably break $700 soon.

My initial $6k investment back in 2019 is now worth just over $60k

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    BIG NEWS - Tesla has been slated to be added to the S&P500 on Dec 21, 2020. Post Market up $60 to $463 from $408 close.
    Down re 5% on its first day in. Too many Traders planning on making a quick buck?

IMO

Alot of competition coming ,52 new EV's coming in USA source CNBC .Tesla have alot of IP etc though, leading the pack atpit.For how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Alot of competition coming ,52 new EV's coming in USA source CNBC .Tesla have alot of IP etc though, leading the pack atpit.For how long?
    Do you also think tesla's price will go down due to the competition over the next days/weeks/months especially with apples EV coming in?

IMO

You'd think so Poverty but the cult of Musk is large and he has a midas touch.Seems priced for perfection and feels too risky at these elevated prices but thats ME and what do i know, zilch really.

Quote Originally Posted by Poverty View Post
    Do you also think tesla's price will go down due to the competition over the next days/weeks/months especially with apples EV coming in?
    it will surge when Apple fails

People don't get that making a great EV isn't that hard

Making the factories and infrastructure to mass produce it and make it cheaply is the hard part.

And going back to the "making a great EV" bit... this is going to super hard to do given the lead Tesla has. Unless apple someone catches up, and then literally dumps 10's of billions into making plant so they can make those EV's. Thats a fn huge task.
    Last edited by alistar_mid; 30-12-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Down re 5% on its first day in. Too many Traders planning on making a quick buck?
    That may be true, let traders play but the market goes where it wants to go. TSLA Closed today $694 10 days after S&P inclusion.

Watch the end of year delivery numbers. They will surpass the 500,000 barrier and will rally to new highs, combined with Cybertruck,the Roadster & the smaller affordable hatchback in 2021/2022 you have the ingredients for $1000+ SP in the next 6 months.

Tesla produce more than EVs, they are primarily a tech company. EVs, HVAC, Solar, Battery storage, etc. The other EV hopefuls will not be able to scale in a timely manner to directly compete with Tesla in the major markets. The worthy competition come from the likes of NIO, Xpeng, Workhorse, Lucid and a few others. Tesla is by far the leader and for the next 10 years, maybe after that things will tighten up.

I'm seeing Tesla taking over 1 or more major automakers in the next 5 years. Lets see what happens, for now as an investment TSLA has treated many very well and there is still plenty of opportunity to profit from the growth of this company and its SP.

Disclosure: I do own TSLA. My opinion is based on my bullish 5-10 year growth forcast, not short term trading spec.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    Have you been living under a rock lol.

You think Tesla is going to be valued for its underlying performance rather than its future potential - esp when you extrapolate the turnaround of the last 6 months and look at their feats with stuff like the gigafactory. 10 months - what else can they do.

There is a case for a massive upside still (autonomous driving, their AI tech, mass market adoption of their cars, smashing the pickup truck market, battery tech, and self driving trucks)

Some bull cases are $15k
    Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Well... lets see how well that post ages.

Its only quadrupled since then