sharetrader
Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Looks like you're getting all your information from a Tesla propaganda site / forum, I'm sure that's completely objective lol
    M Benz are trailing BMW, Audi and Jaguar with their EV's, that's a well known fact.
    Lets wait and see how Tesla holds up when Jaguar, Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz have a widespread range of EV's on the market shall we...
    The autopilot that you keep raving about might be good on American highways but its going to be as useless as a woodpecker with a rubber beak on poorly market N.Z roads so here's a news flash, nobody cares about it here...

Remind me, which car won the coveted international prize of World Car of the Year in 2019 ? That's right it was the Jaguar I Pace...but what would an international panel of dozens of independent motoring journalists know lol

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar183918.html

He doesn't even start talking about interior trim fit and finish issues but what an absolute disgrace delivering a brand new car in that condition.
    Just one of many stories I have read about Tesla's very poor quality control. If what you can see is so badly put assembled and presented, what about all the stuff you can't see ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1V61DG - Rubbish quality control.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Looks like you're getting all your information from a Tesla propaganda site / forum, I'm sure that's completely objective lol
    M Benz are trailing BMW, Audi and Jaguar with their EV's, that's a well known fact.
    Lets wait and see how Tesla holds up when Jaguar, Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz have a widespread range of EV's on the market shall we...
    The autopilot that you keep raving about might be good on American highways but its going to be as useless as a woodpecker with a rubber beak on poorly market N.Z roads so here's a news flash, nobody cares about it here...

Remind me, which car won the coveted international prize of World Car of the Year in 2019 ? That's right it was the Jaguar I Pace...but what would an international panel of dozens of independent motoring journalists know lol

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar183918.html

He doesn't even start talking about interior trim fit and finish issues but what an absolute disgrace delivering a brand new car in that condition.
    Just one of many stories I have read about Tesla's very poor quality control. If what you can see is so badly put assembled and presented, what about all the stuff you can't see ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1V61DG - Rubbish quality control.
    FYI, that YouTube video review is nothing Tesla biased. He's an independant reviewer and if you watched the whole video, you would noticed the test models were RHD and you may of picked up his Australian accent where the review was done in Australia.

Bring on the autonomous driving by other makes? GM placed it's bet on using the Lidar system for autonomous driving.... where is that going? What's Jaguar got for infotainment and autonomous driving ability?

Also who cares what some international car review magazine says. The ONLY stat that matters is how many cars are ordered and filled. As for Mercedez, a whopping 55 is dismal.

Advanced Member

“The autopilot that you keep raving about might be good on American highways but its going to be as useless as a woodpecker with a rubber beak on poorly market N.Z roads so here's a news flash, nobody cares about it here...”

Really? I think it will be great. Can’t wait for autopilot...I was wondering if it might come with an ICE car.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    “The autopilot that you keep raving about might be good on American highways but its going to be as useless as a woodpecker with a rubber beak on poorly market N.Z roads so here's a news flash, nobody cares about it here...”

Really? I think it will be great. Can’t wait for autopilot...I was wondering if it might come with an ICE car.
    The roads needs to be clearly marked on the side, (with paint or something else) and middle so the system can clearly distinguish the lane in which to centre itself. Those sort of roads are very thin on the ground around where I live. BMW 7 series is quite capable of driving itself in the centre of a well marked lane and centres itself very well, rather than banging off one side and then the other of the lane like many lane keep assist systems do. Adaptive cruise control is widely available already and well as lane keep assist, (I have both on my 2019 Holden Calais V), and the former works very well and takes a lot of strain off long trips. I'd settle for less of those moronic speed bumps and for the potholes to be fixed promptly around our area. Asking for all roads to be marked properly isn't going to happen anytime soon but granted on many N.Z. main highways it already exists.

SBQ - Its clear that reviewer thought the quality control on that Model 3 was a disgrace. Its clear that the retail car company that had ordered 100 of them thought the quality of them was also a disgrace and rectification processes grossly inadequate. Tesla are asking $106,000 for a model 3 performance here and if I'm paying $100,000 plus I expect the quality of the vehicle to be commensurate with the price I am paying. I've owned a brand new top of the line Mercedes before and its presentation was completely flawless in every respect and that's what I expect if I'm paying a six figure sum for a car. I've had a close look at a couple of Tesla Model S, inside and outside. I would say the quality is on a par with a third rate Chinese manufactured vehicles....oh wait, Tesla is now manufactured in China too

There are many reviews online that rubbish the quality of Tesla because they are rubbish. Elon is a tech guy, its something completely different to build quality vehicles that are durable. Technology is nothing with the batteries and drive units if the rest of the car is complete rubbish.

The forthcoming BMW i6 or i7 is likely to meet the standards I expect of a high end electric vehicle or Mercedes might build an S Class EV and I could get back to driving a proper high end car again which would be nice.

SBQ - I think you are a Tesla zealot and arguing with you is a waste of my time. If you'd had the life experience of owning a high end Euro car you'd have an understanding of my perspective. To you a Tesla is an aspirational car, to me they're a tech fest but otherwise a rubbish car, those two positions are irreconcilable so lets just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-01-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The forthcoming BMW i6 or i7 is likely to meet the standards I expect of a high end electric vehicle or Mercedes might build an S Class EV and I could get back to driving a proper high end car again which would be nice.
    .... 6 years later since Tesla's 1st introduction of the Model S... and all the other car makers are still clueless about EVs. No wonder Tesla can't produce enough to meet demand.

.... 6 years later since Tesla's 1st introduction of the Model S... and all the other car makers are still clueless about EVs. No wonder Tesla can't produce enough to meet demand. SBQ
    Oh please, enough of the Tesla religious fervor and drivel already. Jaguar I Pace just won the coveted "World car of the year title" as voted for by a large board of leading international motoring journalists, all of whom are independent.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/20...-three-awards/
    Are we to believe some stranger on the internet knows more than an international board of the world's leading motoring journalists

I have wasted more than enough of my time on you and your zealot views of Tesla.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-01-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Handsome Member

MMmmmm those that are not Tesla believers will one day see the light
    Tesla is far far far ahead of anyone else, when they announced their Tesla GPU's, I sold out of NVIDIA and moved all the funds into TESLA, all they needed to do was deliver the numbers for the cars and the rest would be history and they sure have.
    2012 - 2600 evs
    2019 - 365000 evs
    And that is before the China gigafactory starts pumping out the numbers. TESLA has been a very good stock for me in my tech play portfolio.
    TESLA will dominate the EV market for a very very very long time, you heard it here first
    Last edited by LAC; 06-01-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Advanced Member

Thanks. So often one sees these headlines...but not the outcome of the investigation.
    I’m pretty sure auto-drive will not be perfect. But I suspect once sorted, it will be better than humans.

IMHO auto-drive will only work more or less perfectly when there are no humans driving at any time - and the roads are up to scratch with appropriate markings etc - so main highways, motorways etc here in NZ, but as beagle stated elsewhere in this country doubtful.
    In 'enclosed' places like airports it will work I think