sharetrader
Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    First buys of any shares in the new year
    Yup, same here, shares on discount
    Oh and People always hate, don’t worry too much.

The biggest "threat" to Tesla is simple. Competition. This year over 40 EVs will be launched. 4 will be Tesla and that includes 3 face-lift/upgrades. Tesla fails to get Cybrtrk to market 3.5 years after "launch". F150 in the market q1 and double plans for next 12 months to 150t. All sold. Took Tesla 10 years to get to 1m per annum all models. Most big manufacturers launching/ed EV platforms. Basically anyone who thought Ford/GM/VW/Ota were just sitting around sipping jungle juice are just naive. Tesla's window to dominate long term is closed. Just took too long.

Wow so you have other $100,000,000 in real estate. That is impressive.

Toyota built 2m hybrid vehicles in 2020. Remarkably all the large manufacturers are skilled at logistics and planning. Are you saying that Ford has not secured the raw materials for the 150t F150s?

To be fair I don't believe that when they manage the production of millions of other vehicles that forgot to manage the ev builds.

Now back to having my jungle juice cocktail on this hot afternoon.

That's 9 figures Dassets, try tens of millions as in $15,000,000 - think that is 8 figures - still impressive.... maybe

Arrr you said in excess of 8 figures. So the first 9 figure number is 100,000,000. That is the first number in excess of 8 figures.
    Last edited by Dassets; 14-01-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Arrr you said in excess of 8 figures. So the first 9 figure number is 100,000,000. That is the first number in excess of 8 figures.
    No I didn't.

Here is a summary of all EVs currently for sale. Note that Tesla does not have any batterypack size aka tech advantage. Cyber truck being delayed til next year will mean that "interest" book will shrink fast. That is just business 101. The scale of non-Tesla launches are accelerating. This is very similar to Nokia and Motorola/mobile phone market development imo. BTW I always assumed that the cybertruck was just a cover for the actual final launch model.

Also I am not embarrassed because I know that in excess means more than.
    Last edited by Dassets; 14-01-2022 at 09:52 PM.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tale-...ohn-southworth

You might like to read this article. It introduces a concern around raw materials in this sort of product change and a broader issue. BTW your 1% move in fed funds and impact not quite right but at least you understand the possible outcomes. I did some regression analysis on something very similar 30 years ago when I started out as a quant.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Wowsers 105,000 views on this thread

I remember when I first joined this forum last winter there was less than 30,000 views after 6 years.

Seems like winner's want to win

I'm not surprised since TESLAGOD is the most successful investor on this forum.

There seems to be more expert epidemiologist than actually real investors on this forum.
    I find it a fascinating thread. Just as some people turn to the crossword in their local papers, I get my entertainment from your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I find it a fascinating thread. Just as some people turn to the crossword in their local papers, I get my entertainment from your posts.
    Agree with that one. I find it a bit like a comedy script where I look forward to today's episode....