sharetrader
Page 98 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    Anybody that thinks the "robot" is anything more than a joke is living in an alternate reality.
    Hmmm, didn't call it a joke. There were more pressing things to talk about to justify a mkt cap of a trillion, like a business not an R&D program when he got pressed on Tesla 2. Don't get me wrong, R&D is important, but so are other parts of a normally functioning business. All the elements need to come together. That is the point really. Many great ideas have died on the dance floor so to speak. Many companies, actually almost everyone(all maybe), that had a competitive advantage where they had the market to themselves, lost it. Most by thinking they had the market to themselves and failed to respond to competition.

I fly planes from time to time. We already have equipment that can be retrofitted into general aviation aircraft that will fly a complete approach or departure with buttons to push for autoland, autoglide, missed approach aka go-around or which will take over control if outside a performance envelop. That is that industry has been putting that technology in aircraft 50 years old. And you can do it for a fraction of the aircraft cost. Oh and there are multiple (not lots and lots as the industry never has had lots and lots) suppliers.

Aviation is already building AI into gear. Lots of companies are working on "robots" and have been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    I suspect he may not have been genuine, may have been a pumper on chatrooms all around the world. Believe it, that has been happening for 20 years. Today crypto and Tesla are the stars but how do you think Gamestop and AMC ever happened. I emphasize it is only a suspicion. I challenged him on a few things he said and the answers evaded dealing with the core question. He could have established his bona fides very easily but never did.

Organised crime certainly is active. Joking aside, it featured in The Sopranos for a while 20 years ago as a scam they were running. Where do you think the scrip writers for that show got most of their ideas from that they based a storyline on. Given the ability to electronically operate anywhere in the world and shield yourself it could be anyone anywhere, not necessarily just the Bada Bing Club guys.
    I followed HC for a while when i lived in Ausi. There was similar character turned up there, larger than life personality. He was good at picking winners or at least that how it appeared. He had a big following, always predicting the next big thing. Then he vanished.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    I followed HC for a while when i lived in Ausi. There was similar character turned up there, larger than life personality. He was good at picking winners or at least that how it appeared. He had a big following, always predicting the next big thing. Then he vanished.
    HC could be - Haircut. Helen Clark perhaps? Hopeless case? Hedgehog crap? Or do you have to live in Australia to find out? Looked it up but don't like the result. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hc

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    HC could be - Haircut. Helen Clark perhaps? Hopeless case? Hedgehog crap? Or do you have to live in Australia to find out? Looked it up but don't like the result. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hc
    Sorry FP. Hot Copper is Australia's biggest investment forum. Ausi version of Sharetrader.

From memory I think he went under the name of Robo. Anyone remember him ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Sorry FP. Hot Copper is Australia's biggest investment forum. Ausi version of Sharetrader.
    Thanks. I'd forgotten hot copper existed.

Nasdaq...
    +469.31(+3.41%)At close: 05:15PM EST

Tesla...
    936.72+90.37 (+10.68%)
    At close: 04:00PM EST

One of the problems with day trading is waiting for funds to clear (2 days) so missed todays fun

As a matter of curiosity, are there many members here with shares in TSLA (other than normal managed funds which will probable hold a few) ??

I play the short side. Shorted last night.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro.nz View Post
    As a matter of curiosity, are there many members here with shares in TSLA (other than normal managed funds which will probable hold a few) ??
    I can only speak for myself and 3 others I know