sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Default Boxing

Good to see Parker win. Shame his cut opened up again.

Any predictions on Leapai vs Klitschko? TAB has Klitschko at $1.11

Easy 11% return?

Advanced Member

That fight was a joke - just watched the video shorts on the news.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Which one Craic, the Parker fight or Klitschko's?

Just about any fight against Klitschko is a joke at the moment, the guy is a machine.

Easy 11% at the TAB for me anyway

parker is a great prospect but they are rushing him into the big time much to fast. The guy needs time to learn the trade before he tackles the big boys. Round six he showed signs of vulnerability but to his credit after a chat in the corner at the end of the round come back and demolished the guy. He needs another nine or ten fights before hitting the big time. Klitschko has size and footwork to stay champion for a long time coming yet,. I hope Parker stays away for three or four years but some how I doubt it. Fergus

The Wolf of Sharetrader

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...to-in-Auckland

Interesting - the article says they're worried about rushing him just as Fergus says. They're also putting him up against someone who headbutts and elbows after he just split his eyebrow again.....

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

Interesting - the article says they're worried about rushing him just as Fergus says. They're also putting him up against someone who headbutts and elbows after he just split his eyebrow again.....
    No just a nick one stich required. Kevin will have taught him how not to get mixed up in close up stuff. Parker will go a long way as long as listens and trains hard.

I trained at Kevins new gym at Auckland for 5 years loved every minute of it, In the days David Tua before he became the heavy weight world contender.

I was there just to keep fit had a few fights just sparing really. Kevin used to say he would not have gone to far down the track of professional heavy weight after wining the silver medal at the Olympics, but he had a good eye for boxers so decided to become a trainer. So keep your eye on Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

keep him away from that Bas#ard that bites ears LOL. If they rush him up the ladder he wont find his real potential at finding his level. His next opponent is an ideal opponent that will suit his style and also the interest in NZ after demolishing Cameron. He has a Good punch, fast hands, decent height and weight, he might have a chance after Klitschko retires. Fergus

Quote Originally Posted by fergus View Post
    keep him away from that Bas#ard that bites ears LOL. If they rush him up the ladder he wont find his real potential at finding his level. His next opponent is an ideal opponent that will suit his style and also the interest in NZ after demolishing Cameron. He has a Good punch, fast hands, decent height and weight, he might have a chance after Klitschko retires. Fergus
    Fergus I think Parker will handle Minto they would have learned a lot from his last fight. Parker will not stand and trade with this guy he is a heavy hitter, Still don't know if Parker can take heavy hits he looked a bit vulnerable going back instead of stepping to the side.

I would think Geo that getting your eardrum perforated would make you forget a few things. He can take a punch has a decent trainer and should be a real prospect if they don't stick him in with the big boys to fast. Cameron lost his way in defence going straight back I don't think parker would be that dumb. Fergus

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Parkers next fight 5th July. He's paying $1.40 and Minto is $2.70

Go Parker!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Good fight by Joseph, he never really looked challenged.

Nice to see a good sporting contest without all the stupid sideshow trash talk and dramas at weigh in etc. Shows the discipline and true professionalism of the guys.

Also well done to Minto for pulling the pin and having the brains not to get back in there. Good decision.

So where to here from Parker? It would be nice to see him up against someone of his own size and weight...any takers? I suggest Moosie.

Guru

Not a big boxing follower but following this kid with a lot of interest. I really hope he goes a long way. I like his attitude and demeanor. A serious question I do have though. If this Minto could beat Shane Cameron easily, and then get so easily dispatched by Parker himself.. does that mean Shane Cameron was actually crap at boxing??

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Not a big boxing follower but following this kid with a lot of interest. I really hope he goes a long way. I like his attitude and demeanor. A serious question I do have though. If this Minto could beat Shane Cameron easily, and then get so easily dispatched by Parker himself.. does that mean Shane Cameron was actually crap at boxing??
    No boxer with Shane Camerons record is crap. He had the misfortune to go straight back not knowing what to do instead of going side ways or going forward, and clinching. The only flaw I saw with Parker was him swinging big clubbing right hands which got rid of Minto but wont at a higher level. He is a great prospect that needs experience before he steps up to the big boys. He looks like he has learned to control his temper which is a boxers worst enemy and fight relaxed. All tensed up and angry makes you run out of gas before you even start so he looks like he could go 12 rounds from now on. Stop those big swings Joseph and punch properly then I think you could go all the way. Next fight in septic tank land against another up and comer in about five weeks so here is hoping. Fergus

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fergus View Post
    No boxer with Shane Camerons record is crap. He had the misfortune to go straight back not knowing what to do instead of going side ways or going forward, and clinching. The only flaw I saw with Parker was him swinging big clubbing right hands which got rid of Minto but wont at a higher level. He is a great prospect that needs experience before he steps up to the big boys. He looks like he has learned to control his temper which is a boxers worst enemy and fight relaxed. All tensed up and angry makes you run out of gas before you even start so he looks like he could go 12 rounds from now on. Stop those big swings Joseph and punch properly then I think you could go all the way. Next fight in septic tank land against another up and comer in about five weeks so here is hoping. Fergus
    Thanks for the clarification Fergus. Did not think that Cameron was crap like you say with his record. THanks for the insights on Parker as well. I did note the clubbing right hands, its early days, they should be able to sort that out in time surely.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Next fight announced (again)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...erman-Williams

Not long between fights, is Kevin Barry trying to pay off a new house or something?