sharetrader
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    looks like a deal will be cut tomorrow - very exciting!
    Can I ask how much you paid for it and what year if you remember?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuestion View Post
    Can I ask how much you paid for it and what year if you remember?
    Pretty much answers that in post 494. Well done Peat

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Pretty much answers that in post 494. Well done Peat
    Thanks! Must be going blind!

Interesting to see banks already lowering rates in anticipation of the reserve bank reducing rates in the future, its not something you see everyday. I remember the times when rates would go down and banks wouldn't move their rate down the full .25% and get criticised for it. Pretty sure the move down is pre-emptive because the Auckland market has gone soft and needs more blood injected into it. The last REINZ market report showing the least amount of sales for March since 2008 and median prices down 2.7%.

Advanced Member

Quiet enjoyment of your home?
    A reminder for all those families and others priced out of home ownership by investors?
    Why being a tenant in NZ is not a secure and stable alternative to home ownership.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...ion-of-a-house

Probably Auckland doesn’t have such an extreme housing shortage any more, at least to the extent it was made out to be....30,000 have left looking for cheaper housing elsewhere
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably Auckland doesn’t have such an extreme housing shortage any more, at least to the extent it was made out to be....30,000 have left looking for cheaper housing elsewhere
    There is a lot of pent up demand on the part of prospective first home owners. Are Younger professionals, who would have been home owners in past generations, often in flatting situations or still living with parents?

Probably the unholy spectacle of widespread strikes of teachers during a Labour administration is caused in part by the creeping unaffordability, up the income levels, of home ownership. As a greater percent of Auckland housing ends up owned by investors, are teachers being priced out of home ownership?

Veteran novice

I don't know where the 30,000 number comes from - probably not Stats' latest census debacle! But in any case, it won't be a net figure, I wouldn't think?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I don't know where the 30,000 number comes from - probably not Stats' latest census debacle! But in any case, it won't be a net figure, I wouldn't think?
    Came from Benje

https://www.benjepatterson.co.nz/wp-...m-Auckland.pdf
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Veteran novice

Thanks, winner. An offset against the 197,000 inflow!

"Graph 1 shows that cumulative regional migration losses of Aucklanders leaving for other parts of New Zealand totalled almost 33,000 people over the four years to June 2017. These internal migration outflows partly offset Auckland’s 197,000 person gain from international migration and natural increase."