sharetrader
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Guru

Ouch! those rates are going to hurt!

As far as Len goes,I guess we should have suspected it--He has already shown he is pretty lacking in the moral fiber dept.

I think what gets up every ones nose is he tries to come off as the upright caring sort (has a good cry once in a while to show hes human)

A good campaign for his relection would be a Tui billboard

Guru

A weasel is an honourable carnivore compared to the dirty rat that Auckland has.
    Were Aucklanders given a referendum on whether the Super Spending City should come into existence? No.
    Opinion canvassing, on how to fund transport projects, showed most wanted motorway tolls and/or congestion charging. Once again Central Government gave Aucklanders the two-fingered salute. So now we have a rates hike. No surprise and it puts paid to the myth that a Super City was going to save us money!

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    There are many indicators present for the next impending doom! However, the signs of buckling will be hard to see and will come suddenly, when it eventually does.
    Prices aren't determined by supply and demand alone.There is too much speculation on housing market in Auckland.

See, Real Estate Agents are really good caring guys (esp in Auckland) after all, whoever doubted it

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/ho...uckland-buyers

I feel very sad about first time home buyers in some of the cities in the world such as London, Sydney and Auckland etc. Inexperienced first time home buyers have to depend on others to buy their houses. Those who had experienced in the real estate sector know risk and return, bubble and burst etc. I think this time also some of the first time home buyers will have to pay the price when housing market start to fall.

It looks like that some are thinking this time is different. No It is not different. Next crisis can come at any time.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 10-05-2015 at 04:32 PM.

beginning of the end...did anyone see tv1 news...about this bloke taking punters around in designer signed vans...each supposedly buying and doing blah blah...as a job...like a game...much like monopoly...

Its all over folks.

IMO

Investors riding wave of capital gain in Auckland cheers troy

Int watching the pause when Key and English are asked if there is a bubble.

Relevant article: "Shades of 87"
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/6837...shades-of-1987
    Also saw the property spruiker on TV1 last night. Such a bogan with his big V8 Holden!
    He didn't look that intelligent (extremely judgemental I know) and that seems to be the story with Auckland, anyone can make hundreds of thousands without being smart, in fact without having to do anything....surely it can't go on.

Sean Wood, has been doing the same thing for years, and "training/helping" people buy for around 10 years that I know of.
    Some people I know went to a few of their seminars and remember seeing the averts for them.
    Think he was doing the same thing when the last "Bubble" was being talked about.

From memory he buys the houses "cheap" - looking for people close to Mortgagee sales, matrimonial sales etc, then on sells them to his "clients" (he calls it wholesale price??)then giving advice on what to do re renovations etc, alternatively he finds the houses for you and/or negotiates for you and you pay him a fee, the latter is what I understood from the piece about it on TV.

Only thing that is new is that it has got media coverage

Advanced Member

Are units in retirement villages counted in the new housing numbers - built, under construction or consented? There's a lot of build activity in that market and most purchasers of licences to occupy will have sold the family home.