sharetrader
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1219

Thread: Rugby

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Sorry meant George Bridge , fixed above now, not sure where north came from

Yes FP Japan could surprise a few more in the next few years
    Might need a couple of their sumo wrestlers to add a bit of weight to the scrum. :-)
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 04-11-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I am not sure I understand your link between my observation and 19th century industrialisation. However, this thread is supposedly about rugby. Sth. Africa won the cup.
    It was your tangent! So just what is the connection between your perceived absence of Maori trampers on Scenic Recreational Tracks in the South Island and Rugby?

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am not sure I understand your link between walking these South Island Recreational Scenic Tracks and "attachment to the land." Hiking/Tramping may have different significance in different cultures, with recreational hiking gaining popularity in Victorian Europe (and thence to colonials in NZ) I fail to see a connection between tramping and manawhenua or attachment to the land.

During C19th industrialisation, middle-class Britons became fond of a romanticised vision of the countryside and also started to enjoy hiking holidays to view "the wonders of nature" before returning to the cities to work at their polluting businesses.
    The vast majority of trampers ive met on the many tracks ive tramped are overseas tourists.Its never crossed my mind to add up the ethnicities and never will. One thing ive come across on some tramps (mainly in the north island)is hunters hunting for food or a trophy nearly all , kiwis.

Guru

It was your tangent! So just what is the connection between your perceived absence of Maori trampers on Scenic Recreational Tracks in the South Island and Rugby?
    I was commenting on a post about Maoris being great custodians of the land. Pleased to see the Poms beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Might need a couple of their sumo wrestlers to add a bit of weight to the scrum. :-)
    Haha - that will work!

But only after they shed some weight and add on some stamina.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ...One thing ive come across on some tramps (mainly in the north island)is hunters hunting for food or a trophy nearly all , kiwis.
    Yep -depends on the type of track. Is that perhaps more in the spirit of kaitiaki and "attachment to the land?" Walking to look at the pretty plants and views has its place too, if you can afford the cost and time.

Advanced Member

Folau's unlawful termination case against RA is due to be heard on February 4th.

He says Australian bushfires are punishment from God for legalising same-sex marriages.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ods-punishment

There must have been a lot of sinful wildlife and Eucalyptus trees?

Advanced Member

Default Simply batty?

Holy logo, Batman! Crusaders keep their Christian name but a new logo is revealed. The logo looks like it has little black bat in the centre. Perhaps they should change the name from Crusaders to Pekapeka?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-a-name-change
    Last edited by Bjauck; 29-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Advanced Member

A wealthy man gets a multi-million dollar settlement.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...vealed--report
    Last edited by Bjauck; 05-12-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Guru

A wealthy man gets a multi-million dollar settlement.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...vealed--report
    I doubt you will find he is crusading against gay people. That has been debunked a long time ago.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I doubt you will find he is crusading against gay people. That has been debunked a long time ago.
    He preaches against Homosexuality and wants Gay people to turn to Christ and repent the sin of homosexuality - A crusade.

Surely being a Crusdader is also an acceptable part of Rugby branding?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 05-12-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Guru

He preaches against Homosexuality and wants Gay people to turn to Christ and repent the sin of homosexuality - A crusade.

Surely being a Crusdader is an acceptable part of Rugby branding?
    He is not against gay people. You are using semantics to make him out to be some ogre. He is simply stating what he believes out of compassion. If gay people do not believe in hell (which by definition they should not) then they have noting to fear so I do not see what the beat up is. I am glad Rugby Australia paid out that much. Israel has been through a lot and this is some vindication.

Advanced Member

He is not against gay people. You are using semantics to make him out to be some ogre. He is simply stating what he believes out of compassion. If gay people do not believe in hell (which by definition they should not) then they have noting to fear so I do not see what the beat up is. I am glad Rugby Australia paid out that much. Israel has been through a lot and this is some vindication.
    Semantics? If gay people do not accept Christ and repent they will go to hell according to Folau. Not just semantics. He Crusades against homosexuality.

Guru

Semantics? If gay people do not accept Christ and repent they will go to hell according to Folau. Not just semantics. He Crusades against homosexuality.
    No he is not crusading against homos. He is stating an opinion which he dearly believes in. Our of compassion for his fellow man. He does not want those gays to go to hell. He wants them to be saved. But we have had this argument before and you just do not get it.

Advanced Member

No he is not crusading against homos. He is stating an opinion which he dearly believes in. Our of compassion for his fellow man. He does not want those gays to go to hell. He wants them to be saved. But we have had this argument before and you just do not get it.
    Of course he wants them to go to hell if they do not accept Christ and repent.