sharetrader
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Folau is entitled to express his viewpoint. He is not surrounding anyone, nor is he forcing anyone to listen to his viewpoint. He's aspiring to be a preacher and many choose to attend and listen to his viewpoint and others choose to look at his social media posts and most don't.
    What we have here...and lets just call a spade a spade is a Gay man Alan Joyce the CEO of Qantas in a very thinly veiled way threatening to withdraw tens of millions of dollars of annual sponsorship because he took offence at Folau's post and RA kowtowing to his request.

That's a very dangerous route to go down and RA stands to lose a lot of respect from a huge percentage of the population who value the right to freedom of speech and expression.

If Gay people choose to surround themselves with people who don't accept them and get depressed about it that's there problem not Folau's.
    I agree that Folau is free to promote his religion - in his own time. I doubt if RA will be able to claim that his posting could be associated with them, as Folau’s employer, but that could be a matter to be determined by the Australian courts.

I don’t think Gay people choose to surround themselves with people who express similar views to Folau’s, it just occurs.

Guru

If Gay people choose to surround themselves with people who don't accept them and get depressed about it that's there problem not Folau's.
    Very well said Beagle.

I would go one step further and say it is quite hypocritical of the gay people taking offence because for starters they do not believe in this mythical place called Hell. So to be offended by a place you do not believe in just takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

If you are surrounded by non-acceptance and by people who tell you that you will have a miserable fate if you do not repent your sexuality, then I guess you will be more prone to depression.
    Perhasp being prone to depression makes a person more inclined to have a miserable view - regardless of who one surrounds themselves with

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Very well said Beagle.

I would go one step further and say it is quite hypocritical of the gay people taking offence because for starters they do not believe in this mythical place called Hell. So to be offended by a place you do not believe in just takes the cake.
    And if they do believe there is such a place as hell they can hardly be offended as well

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    And if they do believe there is such a place as hell they can hardly be offended as well
    Yeah that goes without saying.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Very well said Beagle.

How do you know what homosexuals do or do not believe in?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    How do you know what homosexuals do or do not believe in?
    well I don't, but if they did believe what Israel was saying then they would not be offended by a timely warning.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hell as a concept is not confined to Christianity. The word itself is of pre-Christian Germanic origin and has a meaning even without reference to Christianity.

Gay people cannot necessarily avoid those who exercise their freedom to express their religion’s condemnation of homosexuality.

Update Ready To Install

Folau had an opportunity to withdraw his comment but chose not to. Fare thee well as a humble preacher.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Folau had an opportunity to withdraw his comment but chose not to. Fare thee well as a humble preacher.
    If that is what he thinks, no matter how ridiculous it is, then all power to him for saying it.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/rugb...cid=spartandhp

I think this sums up the situation very well. Effectively Alan Joyce of Qantas told RA to sack him, its as simple as that.
    Qantas is on my NO FLY LIST for as long as Alan Joyce is the CEO and calling the shots.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-05-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Guru

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/rugb...cid=spartandhp

I think this sums up the situation very well. Effectively Alan Joyce of Qantas told RA to sack him, its as simple as that.
    Qantas is on my NO FLY LIST for as long as Alan Joyce is the CEO and calling the shots.
    ''I haven't even found out who has taken offence. The drunks didn't, the idolators didn't, the fornicators didn't. Who has taken offence? I've spoken to a lot of gay people and they haven't taken offence. So I don't know what this is all about, but it must be that there is a sponsor hanging off and rugby union is broke and so they pursue this money.

''This is the same sponsor who has a contract with Middle Eastern airline companies whose treatment of women and homosexuals is repugnant. We're taking money for an entity who has a corporate engagement with international organisations whose treatment of women and homosexuals is totally unacceptable to the moral standards of Australians, but that's OK.

Alan Joyce (who is openly Gay), has obviously taken umbrage and is abusing his position of power and influence. He made it quite clear to RA that Qantas would seriously consider withdrawing its sponsorship unless Folau was sacked. I hope this blatant abuse of power costs him his multi million dollar position too.
    I see QAN shares came under some pressure late yesterday. Coincidence or are we going to see a backlash against the airline for abusing the power its sponsorship conferred ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-05-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Guru

Alan Joyce (who is openly Gay), has obviously taken umbrage and is abusing his position of power and influence. He made it quite clear to RA that Qantas would seriously consider withdrawing its sponsorship unless Folau was sacked. I hope this blatant abuse of power costs him his multi million dollar position too.
    I see QAN shares came under some pressure late yesterday. Coincidence or are we going to see a backlash against the airline for abusing the power its sponsorship conferred ?
    How is that an abuse of power? It's a foolish use of power. but he's the CEO, and while it will probably bite him in the bum, surely he can make a decision regarding who or what they sponsor.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 18-05-2019 at 03:43 PM.

I'm hoping this goes straight to the Supreme Court. no point going with another closed doors internal tribunal. Best open the issue to the full light of judicial scrutiny. Get the evidence out in the open. Full disclosure on RA's part to show evidence that RA's reputation was damaged.