sharetrader
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Raelene Castle doubling down - and I'm calling bullsh1t.

Apparently she was contacted by hundreds of parents complaining about the post as their children were struggling with their sexuality and the post didnt help.
    Yeah - that's a porky for sure. I'll bet my front teeth she was contacted by a very large number of people, including parents, telling her to pull her head in.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yeah - that's a porky for sure. I'll bet my front teeth she was contacted by a very large number of people, including parents, telling her to pull her head in.
    it is a convenient anecdote. Has she selectively chosen to mention those messages she has received that support her decision?

Why didnít she say how many messages she got from parents with the contrary view saying that they still regard Folau as a good role model?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    These homosexuals need to be careful that too much glee will not get them an unwanted backlash. Could put the movement back a few years. I know they are emboldened now, but things move quickly as do demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    These homosexuals need to be careful that too much glee will not get them an unwanted backlash. Could put the movement back a few years. I know they are emboldened now, but things move quickly as do demographics.
    I do not understand, as a referee, he doesn't see the same issue. I do judge something internationally, I give no opinion on anything in the public, its basic common sense...yet its not acceptable for a footballer but is now for a referee? A referee is a more mature/responsible position where you are not to show bias and expected to avoid controversy.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    These homosexuals..
    They should know their place?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think RA and Qantas are in a situation of damned if they do and damned if they donít!

Professional rugby has been built on the back of funding by commercial sponsors. Likewise the income and celebrity status of professional players, funded in part by the sponsors, enables them to reach a vast audience for their non-rugby interests.

Sponsors should be free to withdraw or threaten to withdraw their suppport if they think the image of what - and who - they are sponsoring may actually detract from their business interest.

Perhaps Joyce is not the only gay Qantas employee to have felt uncomfortable with the current controversy? Perhaps Joyce considered the Pink dollar an important segment of the travel business?
    Sponsors relationship is with RA. They have no right whatsoever to dictate what players say on social media, that's absurd.
    Joyce and anyone else offended need to man up and grow a thicker skin.
    Qantas and RA will experience a significant and enduring backlash from this...mark my words.
    This is likely to start with this matter being taken to the supreme court where RA will be taken to the cleaners.
    Joyce is now on borrowed time as the CEO in my opinion.

Castle still blabbering nonsense
    Ēreally important, that everyone can feel safe in that environment and express their views, be (they) religious,...

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    really important, that everyone can feel safe in that environment and express their views, be (they) religious,...

Surely she is on track to win some award for the most hypocritical statements of the year lol

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sponsors relationship is with RA. They have no right whatsoever to dictate what players say on social media, that's absurd.
    Joyce and anyone else offended need to man up and grow a thicker skin.
    Qantas and RA will experience a significant and enduring backlash from this...mark my words.
    This is likely to start with this matter being taken to the supreme court where RA will be taken to the cleaners.
    Joyce is now on borrowed time as the CEO in my opinion.
    Of course they can’t dictate what players say...but they can stop supporting Rugby. Quite possibly they could suffer a backlash.

When you make a stand you often get pilloried by some.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 19-05-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Advanced Member

While Australian Rugby kick out a religious player, an Auckland rugby club welcomes back a player who has been convicted of performing indecencies in front of children.
    Go figure!
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12228849

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    really important, that everyone can feel safe in that environment and express their views, be (they) religious,...

That too is a total crock of sh1te. Did you count how many players last night wer carrying a physical injury. Loads. How many get head injuries resulting in concussion. Cane had a broken back.

Guru

Brilliant! Post of the year.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    They should know their place?
    Not at all, it's the ones that have agitated to get Folou sacked or are supporting the sacking of someone speaking free speech. I have nothing against gay people, in fact my family has a larger proportion than normal and I support them as I would any other family member.

Legend

""Rugby is a sport inclusive for all, which means I can be a part of the sport. When you're in that sport you must respect other people within that sport." There was nothing in Folaus post that would stop any person from wanting to play rugby. If any one thought there was, rugby probably isn't the sport for them - I would point them towards, perhaps a Crochet Club.