sharetrader
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Default Rugby

The Sharks look unstoppable.

Crusaders paying $1.55 against the Highlanders. However their result last week was so disappointing one could be forgiven for thinking player x had told them to throw the match!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Anyone see the Crusaders match? What a game, that ending was intense!

Didn't see the Chiefs play but looks like they might have has a shocker

Guru

The Chiefs were very absent. They just did not seem to want to be there. Hurricanes all over them. That earlier game... now that was a ripper. Why the Highlanders did not go for a drop goal beggars belief. So many opportunities.

percy

The way they started I thought The Crusaders would clean up the Highlanders.Yet it ended up the usual fantastic battle we have seen so often between these two teams.A great game.Right down to the wire.Yes, as a one eyed Canterbury supporter I felt the Highlanders were unlucky not to have had a try awarded in the last minute.
    I found it hard to believe the Chiefs had such a bad game.On the other hand the Hurricanes are a great side,who have not enjoyed the success they deserve.Nice to see things going their way.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

It was great discipline from the Crusaders to defend so well and not to give away a penalty in those last few minutes.

Highlanders were robbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Highlanders were robbed!
    And the chiefs weren't trying

Hurricanes will disappoint when it really matters (ie choke) so it looks like we need to rely on Crusaders to carry the NZ flag again

Advanced Member

Wow! an average of 2.24 posts a day for 13 years.

Guru

You may want to reserve the "wow" for our local Moose... but he is still a newby and has time to let his average slip
    Chiefs look out of it, if they cannot beat the Tahs away next weekend it could be a long 3 week lay off. Canes also quite far away.. they still have a bye to go so they are "artificially" in the top 6. Ripper of a finish coming up either way.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    The Sharks look unstoppable.

Crusaders paying $1.55 against the Highlanders. However their result last week was so disappointing one could be forgiven for thinking player x had told them to throw the match!

You're lost in the jungle… it's getting dark. You realise if you don't light a fire soon the creatures of the night will come for you.
    You only have 3 items on your possession; a cellphone, a torch, and a match. You go to use the match…. and it breaks!!!

Oh no. So what do you do now?…...

Easy. Use the cellphone and give Chris Cairns a call. He knows how to fix matches.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 25-05-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Highlanders were robbed!
    Yes they were ....man it was a mess they made in that last 5mins ...I was screaming to pass but instead one man off runs .....
    then when they finally did the wing went straight at the corner post personal reckon he should have just went straight at dagg ...
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Nice work Crusaders, now nicely placed on the table.

Looking forward to seeing the All Blacks dominate this season. http://www.allblacks.com/Fixtures/2014

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Didn't get to see the All Blacks game but looks like they might have been lucky by the sounds of things.

Anyone see it? Was it a case of the All Blacks bit turning up, England playing well or both?

TAB had NZ @ $1.05, they must have been sweating there for a bit.

I suspect there would be calls for Crudens head if they hasn't scored that try!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Didn't get to see the All Blacks game but looks like they might have been lucky by the sounds of things.

Anyone see it? Was it a case of the All Blacks bit turning up, England playing well or both?

TAB had NZ @ $1.05, they must have been sweating there for a bit.

I suspect there would be calls for Crudens head if they hasn't scored that try!
    Hi NBT, I watched the game and in a half alcohol induced haze my memory tells me 2 things. England played well, better than I expected and they were enterprising moving the ball around, breaking the line, back breaks etc. The All Blacks looked very rusty and dropped the ball often, and lacked continuity. Cruden was very lucky they scored. That was a kickable penalty if I ever saw one. 1.05 backers..... wouldnt have liked to be one. On Betfair where you can bet in running the All Blacks were paying 1.75 at one stage!

Veteran novice

England played well - All Blacks never got going - never allowed to! But we expect a perfect performance from them every game, don't we? Most unfair!