sharetrader
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    No doubt it is love - tough love - from his point of view.

So are you saying that these Gay marriage supporting Christians may be condoning, encouraging, these people to actively “sin” confident that Hell awaits them?
    Straying a bit off topic. I have no idea how Christians reconcile what the bible says with how earthly laws are enacted. I'm guessing they leave it to the ultimate judge.

Which is why Israel is being kind - hoping people take the right steps now so as to not be judged harshly in the future.

He's likely being very inclusive as well. Since Allah doesnt take too kindly to such matters. Mohammed reckoned gays should be thrown from tremendous height then stoned. Jews not too keen on it either. Apparently if a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Kinda puts Israels view into context. Hindus seem pretty OK with it - but since they arent destined for hell they probably arent concerned by Fulaus message) .

"Israel Folau has now spent more than twice as long holed up at his code of conduct hearing as he’s played Super Rugby for the NSW Waratahs in 2019." RA doing a good job bringing the name of rugby into disrepute.

Decision out: a high level breach of the Code. Well thats worth an appeal!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    "Israel Folau has now spent more than twice as long holed up at his code of conduct hearing as he’s played Super Rugby for the NSW Waratahs in 2019." RA doing a good job bringing the name of rugby into disrepute.
    Doesn’t professional sport go from one scandal to another?
    It is the relationship of millionaire celebrity players with their employers which is the problem currently in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Decision out: a high level breach of the Code. Well thats worth an appeal!
    My, my. You have to wonder what "code" they have. Wallabies will be ripped asunder and rightly so. I hope his Christian supporters in the team walk out en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    My, my. You have to wonder what "code" they have. Wallabies will be ripped asunder and rightly so. I hope his Christian supporters in the team walk out en masse.

It us rather shocking, this is not going to end well for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    It appears there was no social media clause in his contract so the Panel cant rely on that.

So it must be spreading the word of God to the world at large (rather than targeting rugby players) which got him into trouble. To get him into trouble the Panel must see it as some kind of hateful speech.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket

Advanced Member

I wonder what effect Folau’s public postings will have on gay rugby players. Gareth Thomas, The Wales player, has already written extensively about his experiences in the sport. As recently as last year he was the subject of a homophobic assault. After that teams including the All Blacks wore rainbow coloured laces in solidarity with Gareth Thomas.

I wonder what effect Folau’s public postings will have on gay rugby players. Gareth Thomas, The Wales player, has already written extensively about his experiences in the sport. As recently as last year he was the subject of a homophobic assault. After that teams including the All Blacks wore rainbow coloured laces in solidarity with Gareth Thomas.
    Folau wasnt inciting anyone to harm anyone. He didnt pick on any rugby players or anyone in particular. He didnt assault anyone.

I dont see why homosexuals (nad those backing them) seem to think they have the monopoly on offence. Who out there is backing the fornicators and drunks

Guru

Why would his postings have any effect on gay rugby players whatsoever? So someone that plays the same sport as you says that an assortment of actions (a few of which you may partake in) will cause you (unless you stop committing those actions) to go to an imaginary made up place. Yeah real scary or offensive. How ridiculous.

Update Ready To Install

The majority of his fellow players won't or do not want him in their team or to play with him. Advertisers aren't prepared to pay $ or sponsor the game,heres this guy signing a $4 million contract and agreeing not to post such divisive hateful stuff again and then doing it. What a greedy dumb bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The majority of his fellow players won't or do not want him in their team or to play with him.
    Then they would be in breach of their Code which says "Treat everyone equally, fairly and with dignity regardless of ....religious background"
    Advertisers aren't prepared to pay $ or sponsor the game,
    Advertisers dont like to spend money on loosing teams. They like to back winners. Spending dollars does not give an advertiser to impose their "virtues" on another"
    heres this guy signing a $4 million contract and agreeing not to post
    Apparently there is no such clause in his contract. It was suggested as a clause after he signed and he didn't agree to the subsequent amendment
    such divisive
    How can it be divisive when his tweet included pretty much everyone
    hateful stuff again and then doing it
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what was hateful about it. Care to enlighten me?
    What a greedy dumb bum.
    Nothing greedy about wanting to keep your job and the right to express religious views

Update Ready To Install

I will leave you and alan jones to be the contrarians here, no prob with that.The bonus for folau is he can say what he wants when he wants now that he is out of the game to who ever wants to listen.

Guru

I will leave you and alan jones to be the contrarians here, no prob with that.The bonus for folau is he can say what he wants when he wants now that he is out of the game to who ever wants to listen.
    It is a real sad day that someone has had their employment terminated because of some words they have said.

If I said during my office job around the smoko table that "I wish that homosexuality was illegal again like the good old days in the 70's" should that make it a sackable offence if someone took offence to that opinion? We are on a very dangerous scary slope and I am concerned that the outcome of this will not be victim free on both sides of the debate.

Update Ready To Install

It was on the rugby table he did this and after agreeing not to and signing a $4 million contract. He can now talk freely about his beliefs.