sharetrader
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby

Guru

Is it better to come in to the big game(s) with not many injuries ,but rusty,from no real competition? ...not so sure--I dont think a weak pool has done them any favors.

Well at least we don't have to worry about the AB's "peaking" early

The only thing peaking is Carters hair cut.

Advanced Member

It's my birthday today and guess what I got - opened it just before the game. A really flash England rugby supporters jersey - cost someone over $100 - and I might have to wait four years to wear it. And I am an Irishman who supports the All Blacks! At least I had seven each way on Sean McKays ride Amarulla yesterday and got 30 to 1 odds so at lest I can afford a Murphys today.

老外

Looking at Australia's performance - stunning.

As an All Blacks supporter, I am a little worried. Based on the ABs performance and the Australian performance, I think it is clear who would win if the teams went up against each other right now. Lets hope Australia has peaked too early and the ABs dramatically improve as the tournament progresses. The only thing wrong with Australias game today was a period where they lost there heads for about 5 minutes in the 2nd half with their half back tossing away the ball twice in a row. Their 2nd try was so good it was ridiculous and every time their backs got the ball they looked like they were going to score. Even when the stats showed England had a lot more metres gained.

As opposed to the ABs performance where they struggled to even hold onto the ball against an opposition providing less pressure than England did to Australia. The ABs slick backline moves kept falling apart against GEORGIA, imagine if they were playing a top ranked team like Australia with the defence they were showing today? They would be totally shut down and likely spilling the ball even worse. That would result in Australia having the ball all the time and having a backline that just proved they can execute well.

Guru

According to Hansen we have been holding back to test ourselves against weak opposition.
    I doubt he's making it up, but I hope tat means we can also flick the switch against either Ireland or France.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

The level of arrogance and hubris amongst the Englash scribes and commentators was truly breathtaking e.g. Cipriani "not one Australian player would be picked for England". Immediately you could tell England was in for a thrashing. And it duly happened.
    How come the English scribes and commentators are always so out of touch?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    According to Hansen we have been holding back to test ourselves against weak opposition.
    I doubt he's making it up, but I hope tat means we can also flick the switch against either Ireland or France.
    Yeah right.!!
    "Drop the passes boys,give the opposition a chance."!!! lol.

Advanced Member

A mediocre team can look brilliant if they are allowed to. Problem is not everyone will allow them to be brilliant. I'm sure the Blacks coaching crew will have a whole series of strategies to deal with what we have seen so far and the tournament, from this stage on, will be very different. Watched a replay of the Japan Samoa game and the Japanese were playing some beautiful rugby a lot of the time. South Africa didn't look all that good against Scotland and I feel that they may get hit again before the final.

2007 all over again IMHO .....Aussie looking much better form than the butter finger AB's
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-10-2015 at 09:55 PM.
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Guru

So you are writing off NZ then?
    What Hansen is saying is he has given them instruction to play certain tactics that puts them under pressure to test them better than the opposition would allow.
    He then isn't happy with the way the team has executed under those circumstances.
    Aussie did look good, they were clinical, but against a side that just wasn't up to pace.
    Hell if Wales wasn't a warning for them what was.
    England hardly ever threatened.
    Ireland look like the form team to me, however every team in this comp would dread coming up against one team early & that's us.
    Hansen's record speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yeah right.!!
    "Drop the passes boys,give the opposition a chance."!!! lol.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Well you can never write the AB's off but I'm not as bullish as most ...
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    So you are writing off NZ then?
    What Hansen is saying is he has given them instruction to play certain tactics that puts them under pressure to test them better than the opposition would allow.
    He then isn't happy with the way the team has executed under those circumstances.
    Aussie did look good, they were clinical, but against a side that just wasn't up to pace.
    Hell if Wales wasn't a warning for them what was.
    England hardly ever threatened.
    Ireland look like the form team to me, however every team in this comp would dread coming up against one team early & that's us.
    Hansen's record speaks for itself.
    Not writing them off completely,but some other teams are looking very good..

Guru

Yep fair enough.
    Never going to be a walk in the park to defend the RWC.
    I am worried if we play Ireland in particular in the QF.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Not writing them off completely,but some other teams are looking very good..

Update Ready To Install

AB's haven't been allowed to be at their best by Hansen atp keeping a tight leash on them e.g. very little kicking. I hope his strategy pays off and they blow the opposition away when released but its a high risk strategy imo and frustrating for the players. However when Hansen lets them go in the quarterfinals they may well catch other coaches out with this strategy and psychologicaly too with as yet unused tactics and with minimal injuries ;the ability to execute. A bit like Rossi conserving his tyres to come through and win the Moto GP..