sharetrader
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Read the article in the NZ Herald and you will SELL SELL SELL!
    Do you have a link Balance ? I can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Print copy yesterday

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12303304

On line but behind pay wall

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thanks RB. Interesting reading

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    Hi Winner, certainly I wish that I held this much - I work in a small group overseeing family funds, nothing near this large.

I will go through and disclose my reasons for buying in, and averaging down (I know, averaging up is best but sometimes we don't get it right and need to decide if we miss the difference between the buy and the market bottom, or we continue at rational data points to try to get closer to it by averaging down) tomorrow as I go over the days trades for Friday.

We generally are buy and hold 6 months - 5 years duration so are happy to continue searching for the bottom and accumulate as this falls. We do not see this current price fall as a long term direction for the company, it appears to be a blip due to market conditions for which the company needs to decide how it can gain penetration in a market at a standstill - that may mean building relationships, customising the offering and spending money for a sale to come through and not after the ink is dry. These steps will help the ink dry faster when the paper dries out after Brexit, Megxit, and England gets its mojo back with Bojo.

I hope our buying helped someone out that did not have as much faith in the determination of future change and progress as we do.
    Up 10 cents to $2.13, nearly 5%,today, is this your doing Visionary...…………..

Bouncing off the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Bouncing off the bottom?
    TA certainly ain't pretty. Unfortunately only hindsight will tell you, whether this is the start of the uptrend. However - looking at the minimal volume (only a trickle buying) - I doubt it.

From a FA perspective ... the real impact of BREXIT will only show over the coming years, and GTK will notice of the councils and other infrastructure provider having little money to spend. This is in my view just the beginning of the British problems.

Not sure re the other down event (Coronavirus), suppose the stock moved more out of sympathy with the rest of the market, but if it keeps doing that - there could be a second wave as well (if & when the virus moves into the second / third world).

They say hope is always good, but not an investment strategy ... I would wait for some real indicators to be triggered - like breaking through some relevant MA's with reasonable volume.

But that's just me ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Its doing well so far today (in a sea of red) so looks like the start of an uptrend...

$500k traded so far today - maybe some good news in the wings?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Its doing well so far today (in a sea of red) so looks like the start of an uptrend...
    I certainly hope so for holders sake, especially Visionary. While it is slightly tempting to buy in again at these levels I have no faith in this company at the moment, too many down grades and too many unknowns for me so I will stay well clear. GLTAH