sharetrader
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

percy

I too enjoyed reading the prospectus and was pleasantly surprised.As I have taken the top off one of my Aussie winners, I have put my hand up with Craigs for a few.Profitable,growing ,strong balance sheet and paying a dividend.

Veteran novice

I agree, percy. A bit different to most of the recent tech floats in that it's actually making profits! I'm in for a modest number to further over-diversify my already over-diversified portfolio.
    Last edited by macduffy; 03-06-2014 at 09:13 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I agree, percy. A bit different to most of the recent tech floats in that it's actually making profits! I'm in for a modest number to further over-diversify my already over-diversified portfolio.
    Made my day/night knowing I am not the only one well over-diversified !!! lol.
    Last edited by percy; 03-06-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Interesting to see that they think their computer equipment "useful life" is 3-7 years! Somehow, if they didn't replace anything in 3-7 years I think you'd have another Govt-IT incident!
    However, jokes aside looking at their profit forecast vs dividend payments (80%) there is practically no profit 2014 and 2015 with a dividend of what was it? 4-5%? Can't find the page now.

So yes they are making a profit, however unless they manage to make a big-break overseas I cannot see their stock doing well medium-term.

Opinions?
    Last edited by vorno; 04-06-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    ...looking at their profit forecast vs dividend payments (80%) there is practically no profit 2014 and 2015 with a dividend of what was it? 4-5%? Can't find the page now.

So yes they are making a profit, however unless they manage to make a big-break overseas I cannot see their stock doing well medium-term.

Opinions?
    Their dividend payment is based on NPATA rather than NPAT I think. So, dividends should get paid out if I read the prospectus correctly. Can someone check my thinking please?

Guru

Anyone heard how the bookbuild went?

Do you think the Trustpower/Metrix deal will have an impact on Gentrack pricing and value?

MightyRiverPower fell 0.2 percent to $2.25. The state-controlled energy company's metering business Metrix will be Trustpower's preferred provider to supply its 225,000 customers with smart meters

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Do you think the Trustpower/Metrix deal will have an impact on Gentrack pricing and value?
    No. Metering services will be provided by vector and MRP going forward - scale matters. Meridian are looking to offload their meters at the moment which is probably the last big one too go.

That charging is from meter provider to retailer. The retailer still has the end customer relationship which is where agent rack is used I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Anyone heard how the bookbuild went?
    $NZ2.40

Certainly not cheap.

"UBS closed the books on Kiwi software developer Gentrack’s initial public offer on Thursday night, fixing the price at $NZ2.40 a share mid-way through the bookbuild."

http://www.afr.com/p/opinion/gentrac...AYiJ8lwjnEEfJI

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    No. Metering services will be provided by vector and MRP going forward - scale matters. Meridian are looking to offload their meters at the moment which is probably the last big one too go.

That charging is from meter provider to retailer. The retailer still has the end customer relationship which is where agent rack is used I think.
    Thanks Harvey. I thought it was a potential customer lost.

$2.40 suggests it was popular??? Did anyone here apply?