sharetrader
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    And down she goes! Craigs have downgraded it to a hold. Pleased to be out although I admit to initially thinking the results were good until I read your post BP and had a closer look. Thanks
    You are welcome.

And yes, this was one of these situations where one had to read the fineprint and do some maths to appreciate the really quite disappointing result.

I guess - I still think that this is a company with a good future - it is just that the shareprice appears to have got ways ahead of itself given the current growthrates (or lack thereof). BREXIT woes obviously don't help either (adding uncertainty) ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

up 20c today! quite a jump. i haven't seen any news that might trigger this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    It's a closely held company so even a little buying can have quite an effect on the price so it may mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    Agree with KiwiCo. It was on low volume anyway - and if you look at the a bit bigger picture - even the 20 cent jump does not make any dent at all into the downtrend ...

GTK.PNG

TA looks terrible and trend (so far) unbroken.

Forward PE (3 yrs) is 23.4 ... and this is only if the optimitic analysts are right this time (they haven't been the last time). Sure - forward CAGR looks impressive, but how confident are we in it.

Just one example: Neither the company nor analysts nor anybody else are able to forecast the impact of BREXIT on their business. Could make a significant dent into their newly aquired British business ... or maybe not.

Uncertainty requires discounts ... and GTK still appears to trade at a significant premium. Not good in times of PE contraction.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Courtesy of oldtech who posted on SUM thread...

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...nd-scales.html

Craigs Investment Partners is recommending investors sell shares in retirement village operator Summerset Group and to buy shares in utilities software provider Gentrack.

Disc : Topped up more last week, after noticing large volumes of accumulation at higher highs.
    Last edited by sb9; 08-04-2019 at 09:17 AM.

IMO

Craigs were pumping it way back aroundd $6.80 ? or thereabouts and many of us still underwater after taking up SPP @ $6.19. A way to go.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Craigs were pumping it way back aroundd $6.80 ? or thereabouts and many of us still underwater after taking up SPP @ $6.19. A way to go.
    True that, I'm bit underwater on my first parcel which was in mid $6s last year. Hoping this recommendation by Craigs will help me get back into black.

And with recent deals in Trade Me and RBD, there is a whole lot pile of cash looking for a good home.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Have not had a really serious look at this in years but it always seems over-priced to me.
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Yes ..I think it is a bit over priced as brexit is ahead and they mentioned it too on their presentation. Good thing is GTK has no debts

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    True that, I'm bit underwater on my first parcel which was in mid $6s last year. Hoping this recommendation by Craigs will help me get back into black.

And with recent deals in Trade Me and RBD, there is a whole lot pile of cash looking for a good home.
    Speaking of cash looking for a new home....saw this in a recent communication. Suspect it will have a positive effect on the market as well...when it happens.

“With UDC having advised the market in January 2019 that it will repay ALL deposits in Mid/Late 2019, investors are seeking alternatives.

“There appears to be a market awareness that the size of this repayment ($922 million) will make it hard to for investors to find alternate investments. “
    Last edited by RTM; 08-04-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Typo