sharetrader
Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Posted 08-04-2019.
    The the write off of the CA Plus acquisition was $14.6 mil.
    Lucky GTK has zero debts eh....otherwise these will be caned very bad.....future growth still promising....with forecast second half strong and NPAT slight a head than 2018...

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Lucky GTK has zero debts eh....otherwise these will be caned very bad.....future growth still promising....with forecast second half strong and NPAT slight a head than 2018...
    Mmh - they have low liabilities, but while a total of $47.6 million are low compared to a total of $242m in assets, it is still more than zero. But yes, low debts certainly help when you have to make write offs to compensate for bad past management decisions.

Their current PE is quite stellar (37 based on FY2018 earnings) and this in combination with a quite low earnings CAGR (only 6% historically). Sure, their historic revenue CAGR is higher, but this is only bought with capital rises - anybody can increase their revenue that way, but no real benefit to the shareholder.

And even the revenue growth of this reporting period (5%) has stalled and is even below analyst expectations. This used to be a company with a PEG around 0.8. At this stage they sit at 2.8; The thing with the PEG is - more is clearly NOT better ... ;

Not sure I share your enthusiasm ... good industry, but GTK has in my view first to demonstrate that their recent stumble was just that - are they still able to walk straight and return to a faster pace? If not, than they are just another overpriced "once we've been a growth company".
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Couple of big parcels being crossed at $5.50 this arvo.

Banned

Yes...saw that. GTK will do well as the company has no debts....companies that has low or no debts will do at the current market condition

Yes...saw that. GTK will do well as the company has no debts....companies that has low or no debts will do at the current market condition
    I see that in Direct Broking show shows EPS: -3.38 cents and PE: -162.72. I haven't followed the company in a detailed way but I saw the price fluctuations. Would you mind sharing more what do you know?

Banned

Big buyers in the last couple weeks...

Investor

Big buyers in the last couple weeks...
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/336379

Blackrock has been adding to their kitty and now have more than 5% of the stock.

Banned

Great run....!

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Great run....!
    Yes it is now that I sold out typical

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yes it is now that I sold out typical
    After doubling down recently from my original lot from last year, sold out half my current holdings. Got top price of $6.03 on Friday and reminder slightly lower today.

Just needed to rebalance my portfolio, as current (macro) times getting very interesting.