sharetrader
Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

Blackpeter, as Energy costs reduce the profitability of the generation firms fall and they cut back whereever they can. Solar is cheaper at the household level than grid based energy especially for remote locations . The cost of new generation is below the cost to households from the grid hence over time the generators will lose market.
    It is simple.
    Look at a breakdown of your power bill the fixed charges in the Industry are large ,, as costs keep falling for alternatives the risk of bypass increases. The so called Bradford rerforms of this industry were a disaster for this country and should not have occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Blackpeter, as Energy costs reduce the profitability of the generation firms fall and they cut back whereever they can. Solar is cheaper at the household level than grid based energy especially for remote locations . The cost of new generation is below the cost to households from the grid hence over time the generators will lose market.
    It is simple.
    Look at a breakdown of your power bill the fixed charges in the Industry are large ,, as costs keep falling for alternatives the risk of bypass increases. The so called Bradford rerforms of this industry were a disaster for this country and should not have occurred.
    Fair enough - might be another component explaining their future problems, though I don't know whether this would be at this stage a significant impediment for Gentrack. Just remind me - how much energy do we produce at current with dezentral solar systems - is it already one percent? I doubt it.

What you are saying is that you expect things to get worse for them. This well might be true.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Dead cat bounce anyone-meow.

Investor

The board need to kick out current CEO Ian Black, its been pretty appalling performance under his watch.

Jesus, this is brutal to watch from the side lines. And I thought VGL's gap down was painful.
    However this company still has a ?good product. One to watch for the future IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Jesus, this is brutal to watch from the side lines. And I thought VGL's gap down was painful.
    However this company still has a ?good product. One to watch for the future IMO.
    Just updated my spreadsheet with the latest info we have ... and it turned at the current price (modestly) green.

If this would be SAP I would buy given the current parameters, but unfortunately it is not.

As well - above assumes we have now all the bad info (which I doubt) and it assumes as well that the company has a capable board and management. They have not really proven themselves recently , haven't they?

Apart from that - it is not just polite but as well wise to first let all the people who want to get out, leave ... let the customary downgrades pass and then decide whether reentering is a good idea.

Quite happy to have my money in other stocks.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    We have doubled our holding today at 2.70. We see potential upside far above potential downside now and a good buy.
    Now down to $2.06, yikes, I didnt see it going this low feeling for you visionary

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Now down to $2.06, yikes, I didnt see it going this low feeling for you visionary
    Their AGM is set for 26th Feb. we should learn a bit more about which direction they will be heading, not too much further south. $206 is way below the IPO

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Their AGM is set for 26th Feb. we should learn a bit more about which direction they will be heading, not too much further south. $206 is way below the IPO
    Read the article in the NZ Herald and you will SELL SELL SELL!

To me Gentrack has been the perfect example of why you don't let a share become too large in a portfolio. Having originally bought at $2 it shot up and I gradually sold down as it became to large a percentage of my portfolio. Some were sold at $5, more were sold at circa $7.50. I still hold a few but it has more than paid its way.
    It's now almost down to what I paid for it but I remain far ahead. Have been a happy holder and will remain a holder for the time being.