sharetrader
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

Another indicator of good future performance for Gentrack was that in 2015 there were 14 SSH notices over the year with all the institutions increasing their holdings: Perpetual, Devon Funds, UBS, Harbour Asset Management, NZ First Capital and Mawer Investment Management.
    Mawer is based in Canada and their slogan is: Be Boring Make Money. Boring: the way investing should be. " Our investment philosophy requires that we buy companies that are wealth-creating, run by good management teams, at prices that are discounts to their intrinsic values." http://www.mawer.com/

I like it - boring is good. Just like boring old Ryman. Van Tharp (in his book Super Trader) likes boring too, although he calls it “efficient”. “I like to trade stocks that are very efficient (that is trending up or down with very little volatility, with very little noise.)”
    Gentrack has not been making much noise on Sharetrader and the price has gone from $3 in mid 2016 to $6.69 now, up 39c 6.2% today. It seems the market liked the announcement.

http://artofboring.com/life-railway-speed/
    Interesting article and a good diagram of The Gartner Hype Cycle – a peak of inflated expectations, a trough of disillusionment -where much wealth is destroyed, a slope of enlightenment and plateau of productivity.
    Paradoxically, the very mania that results in widespread destruction of wealth, ultimately allows for the creation of significant future wealth.

Quietly going from strength to strength, albeit on low volumes

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Quietly going from strength to strength, albeit on low volumes
    This time last year Gentrack was sitting around $4.40 today it closed at $7.19.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    This time last year Gentrack was sitting around $4.40 today it closed at $7.19.
    Another 21cents gain today, up 2.9%, only 54.2k share sold...................

A considerable increase and wonder what is going on? It is all on low volume, but 2-3% each day for the last week or so

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Very impressive results - well done holders!

A happy boy; 28% of my holdings are in this baby, but lets please be quiet about some other dogs I owe

IMO

28% i wish.S/P Down 6%, mkt expected higher profits?
    Or is it the flat outlook for 2nd half ,the same, is that whats dropped the s/p.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 30-05-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    28% i wish.S/P Down 6%, mkt expected higher profits?
    Or is it the flat outlook for 2nd half ,the same, is that whats dropped the s/p.
    2H18 EBITDA forecasted to be inline with 1H which would have FY18 at 31-35m up around 30-45% from FY17.

Trading at 33-37x forward earnings on par with higher growth companies.