sharetrader
Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

GTK looking a bit 'doggy' of late

That $7.20 seems to be a recent memory only and the $7.50 odd just a distant memory now
    Last edited by winner69; 26-10-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    GTK looking a bit 'doggy' of late

That $7.20 seems to be a recent memory only and the $7.50 odd just a distant memory now
    Not the only growth share which got hammered. Compared to others they are making however real money - and even paying dividends. How much this is worth in a bear market - I don't know ... but as an investor I would rate them well above the once loss making darlings like PPH & Co, above XRO (and honestly as well higher than e.g. SKO ... even if they don't yet feel the pain).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

All tech stocks have been hit hard, check out the nasdaq.! GTK down re 10% has held up well . High was $7.34 according to ASB. My APX down re 35%!. Holding both through this volatility atpit.

Full year results are out: http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...548/291453.pdf

On face value great revenue growth (+39%), acceptable earnings growth (+17%), but oops - this is NPAT, not EPS - and the revenue growth has been bought as well with a capital rise ...!

These guys forgot to mention that they issued lots of additional shares over the year and EPS (14.1 cts) is now even lower than previous year (15 cts).

Reaching the limits of the growth curve?

Based on PE alone (forward PE above 40 if we extrapolate the recent earnings growth) is this now a quite expensive company considering the hardly existing long term earnings growth ... expect the SP to normalise throughout the current PE contraction period and sold out this morning.
    ----

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Full year results are out: http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...548/291453.pdf

On face value great revenue growth (+39%), acceptable earnings growth (+17%), but oops - this is NPAT, not EPS - and the revenue growth has been bought as well with a capital rise ...!

These guys forgot to mention that they issued lots of additional shares over the year and EPS (14.1 cts) is now even lower than previous year (15 cts).

Reaching the limits of the growth curve?

Based on PE alone (forward PE above 40 if we extrapolate the recent earnings growth) is this now a quite expensive company considering the hardly existing long term earnings growth ... expect the SP to normalise throughout the current PE contraction period and sold out this morning.

Tried to do the same BP but no buyers left....so have been left holding...buga...

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    [/B]
    Tried to do the same BP but no buyers left....so have been left holding...buga...
    Out now

Out now
    First it tanked and now that I’m out its gone up! Freeking typical!

First it tanked and now that I’m out its gone up! Freeking typical!
    Not sure at what price you got out, but 7.5% down on the day is not typically an indicator that the market likes the result ; High was 6.54 (this was lucky me); Low was 6.08 and close was 6.15.
    ----

Not sure at what price you got out, but 7.5% down on the day is not typically an indicator that the market likes the result ; High was 6.54 (this was lucky me); Low was 6.08 and close was 6.15.
    Well that is very strange as ASB securities had it close at $6.56 as I was very watching closely and I couldnt believe my eyes that it was finishng so high! Now as you say the close was in fact $6.15 phew I dont feel so mad with myself.

Well done getting out at $6.54 BP that was perfect timing, well done!

And down she goes! Craigs have downgraded it to a hold. Pleased to be out although I admit to initially thinking the results were good until I read your post BP and had a closer look. Thanks