sharetrader
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: GTK - Gentrack

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    Correct it would seem: "Please contact your financial advisor or a NZX firm to apply for shares or get advice"
    ANZ close off is at close of business tomorrow and you will be bound to pay for what you ask for depending on how many they can obtain for you of course, will have heavy scaling I'm picking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    .... depending on how many they can obtain for you of course, will have heavy scaling I'm picking.
    Good to see someone making a prediction on this one. I'm curious as to why you might think heavy scaling? This seems to be the quietest IPO yet with hardly any discussion (here), very little articles in the press, and no analysis (does anyone know of any?). So, any publicity or price tension on the IPO would have to come from the institutions knowing about it and wanting more, rather than the retail side.

I would be quite happy to see heavy scaling which would prove support for the company and its approach. However; I'm still undecided as to whether this will actually happen. Intueri had a tiny register on its float as well (but went well)

Guru

will have heavy scaling I'm picking.
    Why?........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Why?........
    People I've discussed offer with are of the opinion it will be a very desirable offer but we will have to wait and see, do you have any reasons why it may not be heavily scaled?

When you register a firm interest, how does that work? Do you express a dollar amount of interest at different prices? And is it a 'firm' interest, regardless of the IPO price?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newtrader View Post
    When you register a firm interest, how does that work? Do you express a dollar amount of interest at different prices? And is it a 'firm' interest, regardless of the IPO price?
    You express a dollar value as final price is unknown until after book build.,your dollar value will be divided by share price once set, the number of shares you receive will them be determined by degree of scaling applied if any.

You express a dollar value as final price is unknown until after book build.,your dollar value will be divided by share price once set, the number of shares you receive will them be determined by degree of scaling applied if any.
    So you make a commitment of a dollar amount without knowing the price in advance? i.e. just like the MRP and MELCA IPOs?

Banned

So you make a commitment of a dollar amount without knowing the price in advance? i.e. just like the MRP and MELCA IPOs?
    Correct newtrader

Veteran novice

In strict legal terms, you're not committed until you sign the application form - although your broker may feel otherwise if he/she is unable to place the shares elsewhere - and may never talk to you again!

Dilettante

This is the bit I donīt like. I have read the Prospectus and like this company as it does fit my "criteria" as an investment. But with the indicative price range being quite broad, I feel it is fully priced at the top end of that range. With the added unknown of scaling, I have decided that my funds are better kept where they are and will be staying away from this IPO. Will definitely add this Co to my waychlist though and quite likely add it to portfolio in the future, pending further runs on the board.
    Should note that I have assessed this for long term only as Iīm not into stagging.

Wish everyone luck with this.