sharetrader
Page 56 of 121 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    there 180 million power poles in the USA alone.

back of the envelope stuff here, but if one company has 350,000 poles that translate to $1.2 million in transaction revenue in a year, the size if the addressable market is.....

when will people recognise this has as much upside as PEB
    Does IKE earn any reoccurring revenue on these power poles or is it a one charge thing? Then wait 50 years for the next service?

Sorry if that seems like a silly question. I don't know much about IKE GPS but listened to a podcast the other day talking about how the USA electricity network is completely outdated and billions and billions will need to be spent upgrading it for the coming green electricity revolution (electric vs fossil fuels). At the time I thought this company could benefit but havnt had time to do any research.

Thanks in advance

Outside thinking.

Nice market update from IKE see it here.

FY22 looking exciting.

"We are also pleased with the broader strength of new contract wins over the quarter to 31 March, of approximately $5.4m, and now with contract wins in the initial weeks of Q1 FY22, of approximately $2.2m. This provides real momentum for growth for our FY22 to March 2022.”
    Last edited by Leftfield; 05-05-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I wish you had said as much upside as PAZ rather than PEB...,lol.

Disc hold IKE and PAZ,and never held PEB.
    Well said and then there is always a prospect of Corporate play with this one in the form of Takeover/Scheme of Arrangement.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Does IKE earn any reoccurring revenue on these power poles or is it a one charge thing? Then wait 50 years for the next service? Sorry if that seems like a silly question. Thanks in advance
    IKE will gain reoccurring SAAS revenue. Read a few of their last annual reports and you will appreciate how their business model has changed..... In FY20 approx 70% of IKE's revenue described as "reoccurring or subscription transaction services."

"The transition to the IKE Analyze business model was initiated in FY19 and was matured through FY20. Adding
    to our historical model of selling field tools and software subscriptions, IKE Analyze leverages our cloud-based pole software platform so that IKE can deliver significantly more value to customers via engineering reports and analysis. The depth and specificity of the IKE Analyze offering for distribution asset projects is important and provides an opportunity to access materially larger customer contracts. As a result of this product transition, approximately 70% of FY20 revenue was derived from either recurring subscription or transaction sources."

Last edited by Leftfield; 05-05-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    IKE will gain reoccurring SAAS revenue. Read a few of their last annual reports and you will appreciate how their business model has changed..... In FY20 approx 70% of IKE's revenue described as "reoccurring or subscription transaction services."

"The transition to the IKE Analyze business model was initiated in FY19 and was matured through FY20. Adding
    to our historical model of selling field tools and software subscriptions, IKE Analyze leverages our cloud-based pole software platform so that IKE can deliver significantly more value to customers via engineering reports and analysis. The depth and specificity of the IKE Analyze offering for distribution asset projects is important and provides an opportunity to access materially larger customer contracts. As a result of this product transition, approximately 70% of FY20 revenue was derived from either recurring subscription or transaction sources."

Thanks LF, my interest has been piqued

And away goes the SP!

I am an investor in IKE, but do have some reservations, mainly over whether its the best solution for data collection in the field. I can't help thinking that for a quick and dirty assessment of pole conditions, a drone would be best. It's the scale of the problem that I'd struggle with if I was the CEO of a utility company. I'd do a drone or fly by with a high resolution camera/GPS to assess overall network condition. IKE seems to be in the more detailed asset inspection phase, which is nice for accountants to work out renewal budgets, optimised depreciated replacement cost, etc, but probably doesn't add much for the operations managers.

A very niche solution provider. Could be huge, but could be cut off by a rough and ready outfit giving the pole companies a "good enough to get started" solution.

Somehow I doubt the companies that are currently using IKE, or those considering engaging them, would be interested in a “good enough to get started” solution. Efficient, high quality data collection is essential when one is talking about networks of millions of poles. Not just for current major upgrades but for future, ongoing maintenance and regulatory requirements. This market is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    A very niche solution provider. Could be huge, but could be cut off by a rough and ready outfit giving the pole companies a "good enough to get started" solution.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    I am an investor in IKE, but do have some reservations, mainly over whether its the best solution for data collection in the field. I can't help thinking that for a quick and dirty assessment of pole conditions, a drone would be best. It's the scale of the problem that I'd struggle with if I was the CEO of a utility company. I'd do a drone or fly by with a high resolution camera/GPS to assess overall network condition. IKE seems to be in the more detailed asset inspection phase, which is nice for accountants to work out renewal budgets, optimised depreciated replacement cost, etc, but probably doesn't add much for the operations managers.

Note mention of using drones and smart phones to collect pole data.
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...ke.nzx-365791/
    Last edited by percy; 05-05-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Note mention of using drones and smart phones to collect pole data.
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...ke.nzx-365791/
    Yep, saw that, it's got to be the way to go. Concerned that they're over complicating the solution. I've rejected software because of too many bells n whistles, just too hard/too many boxes to tick in the field on a rainy day. A fly-by that can be reviewed in the office is a great solution.

KISS and IKE should be unstoppable. Just a risk for investors to consider. More drones, less shoe leather. It'll be the company that offers the most efficient field gathering data solution that'll win the big contracts.