sharetrader
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Guru

Ouch!

Down 10c and next bid is a further 10c down. Only three trades so far. Hope no one tried to stag.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    anyone onboard
    Not me. My concern is they appear to be trying to buy market share but (I dont think) they get recurring revenue so all they are doing is subsidizing purchases. By the time those purchasers come back for another purchase, new competitors may have released a similar/better product - we might even be able to do it in Google maps street view if the item in question is caught by the cameras.

May take a closer look once it stabilizes but I dont think it is worth over $50m.

A very perceptive CEO is Glenn -

IkeGPS chief executive Glenn Milnes says the company would have "much preferred" its shares to have risen ......
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ctid=11297773t

The opening was so poor NZX has removed the IKE theme from its website early...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A very perceptive CEO is Glenn - IkeGPS chief executive Glenn Milnes says the company would have "much preferred" its shares to have risen ......
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ctid=11297773t
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Milnes has said the company was not releasing "specific dates and timeframes" on when it expected to turn a profit.
    "Getting to profitability is important to us," he said last month.
    That’s nice. With a business case like that I think the IPO actually went well.

"Using three cameras, the software can even triangulate to figure out the distance between two points in the picture: whichever two points you pick out. "
    http://gizmodo.com/while-you-werent-...mos-1632621335

Essentially a gimmick on a sub $1000 consumer tablet has the potential to replace ike's entire business.

I think your post number 5 is relevant and all this lot may have been blindsided by a lack of knowledge of what is available in the outside world.Brokers and others have to do research before they can invest other peoples money but how they explain the share price is beyond me.They may say it's a long term investment until it reaches 50 cents and then say it's too small a percentage of the portfolio and so we are selling it.Fund managers can escape client scrutiny until reporting time but then it may be too late for the poor investors.It's just the way it is.Balance would put a more enlightened outburst on the situation.IMHO.

I note their latest announcement states that the partnership agreement signed in the USA generates revenues that meet their prospective turnover through the next two years! and in a interesting field of intelligence and defence. good on someone for keeping the wheels turning.

have been thinking about investing tech companies like IKE or GTK, GEO. any suggestions anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    have been thinking about investing tech companies like IKE or GTK, GEO. any suggestions anyone?
    I haven't looked at IKE in any great depth, so cannot really comment (and this is the IKE thread so sorry if my comments below are out of place).

But I do consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of GTK's business (and systems) and I don't consider their offering to be particularly ground-breaking, but they are established and do have paying clients. However the technology stack they use is dated and there aren't any plans to modernise this AFAIK. I understand this (and other things) to be causing a few issues with at least one of their more progressive customers opting to bring parts of their billing systems inhouse - a project that has been successful thus far and they are continuing to invest in this development. From my understanding their solution has been faster and more cost effective for them. This is a big warning sign IMHO & for that and many other reasons their SP would have to be massively undervalued for me to consider them.

I also have a good understanding of GEO and don't really have many positive things to say about their product or their track record so far - I believe they're currently looking for a CEO and burning through cash - until they prove themselves in what is a very competitive market (do a Google search for "job management software" and you'll see what I mean) or you fancy burning some cash I wouldn't entertain investing in this company either.

I've also had a few beers (which apparently makes me bearish on tech stocks!) so don't take my word for it DYOR etc.
    Last edited by KiwiGekko; 09-01-2015 at 04:11 PM.