sharetrader
Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
    Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Once contracts are opened, they are closed in a very short time frame as power companies have a very standard process to go through.
    CEO didn't give a revenue guidance for this fy.
    IKE analyzer getting market tractions in Canada rather than US. CEO acknowledged US is a bigger market, but Canada is also a good market as well.

With English being my second language, pretty sure there were more than this but at least these were what I took away from Q&A sessions. CEO sounded quite confident about the market opportunities, but again with English not being my mother tongue, I might be wrong
    Agree there is an air of confidence. Happy to let the business prove itself rather than throw pies. If 'contract won' is cumulative then they should be near $20m contracted revenue + other add-ons. I'm hoping revenue graphs over the next few years will look exponential now that there seems to be confidence in their offerings.

I'm not totally convinced by the sticky argument. My understanding is that IKE produces an inspection data set that can be imported into an asset management system, such as IBM Maximo, TechOne, SAP. These systems use that data to drive programmed maintenance activities that link to budgets and network performance targets. If IKE simply provided a tool to inspect assets, I'd be out as this is not sticky, it's just a data set collected in the field.

However, with their recent acquisition, they are adding value to this data, and this is how they'll become sticky. It's this added value that will keep them ahead of the pack.

I believe a measurement of stickiness is the length of contract won. It's great to see extended annual contracts, but I would like to see longer term contracts, say for 5 + 3 + 3 years, with performance targets for the client. Once I start seeing these longer term contracts, stickiness will be confirmed.

I first noticed this company in the TIN 100 back in 2016 I think. They were part of a list that included Xero, Eroad, PEB, Pushpay, Enprise, Snakk, Serko, flossie, Vend. Been an investor for many years, and like the direction they are taking.

Here's to IKE becoming more sticky than toffee on a cat.

For those of you who hold/support IKE, take a look at their new website. Huge improvement and a lot of additional content.
    Their case studies make for interesting and very positive reading:

“Without question, IKE's deliverable is top shelf. They [CHR's customers] don't know how they lived without it.”

Bob Bartz
    VP of OSP Engineering, CHR

Also lots of resources there for anyone who wants to get a better understanding of what they do and how their products/service work.

another good anouncement today. https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/380746
    a slow burn, but its building.
    the best confirmation of the investment thesis is this bit: "It is expected that this contract level will recur in subsequent years. It is also expected that further expansion contracts will follow with this entity in IKE’s FY22."
    GLTAH
    Last edited by jg8512; 12-10-2021 at 08:49 AM.

This announcement seems almost identical to the one on 5th October. Almost word for word. Which seems a little odd, given that it is related to a different company (I assume)

Edit: never mind. I missed the bit where they comment on/explain this.

The good news keeps coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    another good anouncement today. https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/380746
    a slow burn, but its building.
    the best confirmation of the investment thesis is this bit: "It is expected that this contract level will recur in subsequent years. It is also expected that further expansion contracts will follow with this entity in IKE’s FY22."
    GLTAH
    Last edited by justakiwi; 12-10-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Investor

Getting a bit boring now with all these contract extensions , can this be reflected in sp performance. Wonder who's feeding the sell side despite all positive news.

SP moving this morning. $1.06 at last check.

Extensions are good, shows they are meeting the client’s expectations re: performance targets, training, reliability etc etc. When a provider repeatedly hits those metrics, costs become secondary to a client, Ike’s margins will grow and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    This announcement seems almost identical to the one on 5th October. Almost word for word. Which seems a little odd, given that it is related to a different company (I assume)

Edit: never mind. I missed the bit where they comment on/explain this.

The good news keeps coming.
    The announcement software has only one template, they just replace the date, earning number and percentage, the template takes care of the rest .

Always something new to learn

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus2000 View Post
    The announcement software has only one template, they just replace the date, earning number and percentage, the template takes care of the rest .