sharetrader
Page 79 of 122 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
    Investor

Someone's putting a dagger through the throat on this one.

Few reasons imho.

Tech is getting pumped across the board due to inflation. Secondly the latest update was very underwhelming. They have been selling a growth story but the growth isn’t as fast or as much as what people were envisaging.

The only surprising thing is why it took this long to get pumped following the announcement.

However, this is a solid business and will perform in my view. Just not as fast as many expected.

Disc. An investor not a trader and so unconcerned by the short term. Hold

I am not buying any more for now, but will hold what I have. I am still hopeful of a long term positive outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Few reasons imho.

Tech is getting pumped across the board due to inflation. Secondly the latest update was very underwhelming. They have been selling a growth story but the growth isn’t as fast or as much as what people were envisaging.

The only surprising thing is why it took this long to get pumped following the announcement.

However, this is a solid business and will perform in my view. Just not as fast as many expected.

Disc. An investor not a trader and so unconcerned by the short term. Hold

percy

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I am not buying any more for now, but will hold what I have. I am still hopeful of a long term positive outcome.
    With Biden's huge infrastructure spend approved,IKE are in the right sector at the right time.
    They are in a very strong cash position to take advantage of the opportunity to make their IKE system "the norm" for the utility companies using telegraph poles.This is the company's driving ambition.
    With so many of the "big boys" already using IKE's system, I am not sure whether they are over half way there or not.I guess we will know in the next 18 months or so.
    Should the IKE system become "the norm" shareholders will be well rewarded for years to come,as every utility company,every local council etc will be IKE customers.Exciting..
    In the meantime further patience is required.
    Last edited by percy; 08-12-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With Biden's huge infrastructure spend approved,IKE are in the right sector at the right time.
    They are in a very strong cash position to take advantage of the opportunity to make their IKE system "the norm" for the utility companies using telegraph poles.It is the company's driving ambition.
    With so many of the "big boys" using IKE's system I am not sure whether they are over half way there or not.I guess we will know in the next 18 months or so.
    Should the IKE system become "the norm"shareholders will be well rewarded for years to come.
    Wise words thanks Percy The Bear is currently working on this patience thing

This is why I am holding, and still optimistic. While the share price is currently disappointing, I still feel confident that IKE can pull this off. They were smart enough to know this huge infrastructure spend was coming, and hopefully they are now perfectly positioned to take full advantage of it. As you say, they have some major US clients onboard already, which can only work in their favour, when marketing/working to attract new clients. From what I can tell (with my limited report reading skills), pretty much every client who signed up for an initial contract, has come back for more. Very happy to see that, as that shows that IKE is meeting client expectations (maybe even surpassing them). Demonstrating current client satisfaction and trust, has to be the best way to attract new clients one would think. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool too.

I'm more than happy to sit back and be patient with this one, as I am with OCA.

They are in a very strong cash position to take advantage of the opportunity to make their IKE system "the norm" for the utility companies using telegraph poles.This is the company's driving ambition.
    With so many of the "big boys" already using IKE's system, I am not sure whether they are over half way there or not.I guess we will know in the next 18 months or so.
    Should the IKE system become "the norm" shareholders will be well rewarded for years to come,as every utility company,every local council etc will be IKE customers.Exciting..

Investor

They should also communicate bit better with investors, not that they're doing bad job now. There's room for further improvement.

I agree. I messaged them a while back with a question, but they never bothered to reply. If you make a messaging channel available on your website, it is considered good etiquette to respond. Clients may be their bread and butter, but investors are also important - at least we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    They should also communicate bit better with investors, not that they're doing bad job now. There's room for further improvement.

You could be right. I think Biden’s ‘infrastructure bill’ is code word for Democrat social spending program. So I’m unsure how much is going into what we would think of as infrastructure. That’s said I think (without going through the bill line by line), you may be right about some flow through effects for IKE

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    You could be right. I think Biden’s ‘infrastructure bill’ is code word for Democrat social spending program. So I’m unsure how much is going into what we would think of as infrastructure. That’s said I think (without going through the bill line by line), you may be right about some flow through effects for IKE
    The first thing to identify in any asset renewal programme, is what needs to be renewed first, low hanging fruit, critical assets, etc, and condition surveys will therefore be the first spend up. This will feed into business cases, works programmes etc etc, then Rep get elected, programmes gets slashed, nothing is built but it doesn’t matter because IKE have secured their contracts in the first spend up.

That’s the theory, let’s see if it’s a reality.