sharetrader
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ikeGPS - IPO

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Since when has a negative number been positive

Loss of $2.2m
    Since it was a lot lower than last year.Positive.
    Outlook very positive.
    Long term outlook.Extremely positive.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Since it was a lot lower than last year.Positive.
    Outlook very positive.
    Long term outlook.Extremely positive.
    And share price very positive this year ...I could even win the stock picking competition if it kept increasing on the back of all this positivity
    ”There is no commodity so rare and so precious as a man / company who does what he says he is going to do.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And share price very positive this year ...I could even win the stock picking competition if it kept increasing on the back of all this positivity
    You are getting the picture.
    Reread the full announcement as the "big picture" looks positively exciting.!

You are getting the picture.
    Reread the full announcement as the "big picture" looks positively exciting.!
    I’ve been reading the announcements for years ...yes they are getting more positively exciting
    ”There is no commodity so rare and so precious as a man / company who does what he says he is going to do.”

Guru

Is IKE
    a "pick" for 2019 ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Is IKE
    a "pick" for 2019 ?
    It is one of mine.......
    My only non dividend paying pick.

It is my second largest portfolio holding so I am backing it for the comp.

Ike lent us one of their units back in 2005 for field trials, doing seismic drilling in Western Australia, recording shotpoints etc. It was one of there very early units and it was clunky but worked, ultimately the data we got wasn't worth it for us at the time but I saw potential in the company then. I'd kind of forgotten about them since then, good to see they've kept developing their solutions and are still headquartered in humble old Newtown.

I like what they're doing, picked up a little packet this morning.

percy

Disappointed Bill Morrow has been issued 250,000 options, that have a strick price of 64 cents and expire 31/12/2021.
    Current sp is 75 cents.So without adding any value, Bill is already $27,500 in the money.!!
    No incentive for Bill to add value for shareholders.
    Perhaps they should have had a strick price of $1.00.?
    Last edited by percy; 10-01-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Guru

Disappointed Bill Morrow has been issued 250,000 options, that have a strick price of 64 cents and expire 31/12/2021.
    Current sp is 75 cents.So without adding any value, Bill is already $27,500 in the money.!!
    No incentive for Bill to add value for shareholders.
    Perhaps they should have had a strick price of $1.00.?

IMHO Golden handcuff he may have wanted to leave , one way of keeping someone imo .

percy

I guess today's downgrade comes as no real surprise.
    I will continue to hold,as I have always expected sales will be a little lumpy.
    Last edited by percy; 24-01-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Elusive retirement moves another year further out. Hopefully only a minor hiccup in the greater scheme of things.

I guess today's downgrade comes as no real surprise.
    I will continue to hold,as I have always expected sales will be a little lumpy.
    Although not in my actual portfolio IKE was my least conviction punt in the 2019 stock picking comp and this news will probably end my short time near the top!

That said, I like IKE's chances and think this news is merely them being cautious/conservative. GLH's.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Although not in my actual portfolio IKE was my least conviction punt in the 2019 stock picking comp and this news will probably end my short time near the top!

That said, I like IKE's chances and think this news is merely them being cautious/conservative. GLH's.
    Agreed.............................

Unfortunately, I’ve come to the opinion that IKE will continue to be an under-performer, yesterday’s release confirms my argument last year that their business model may be flawed because they lack a sustainable revenue stream.

I got badly beaten up by Xirr (guest) back in mid-2015 when I first joined specifically to go to bat for IKE in response to Xirr’s damning posts, he argued the promoters had over-hyped the product which he called "nothing new" crap hyped up by the promoters. Looks like he was fundamentally right!

The one thing Xirr and I agreed about was there’s little supervision of these small cap companies by the NZX, they can spin disaster into success through carefully crafted market releases with virtual impunity! IKE’s forecasts have been appallingly wrong.

This is a timely topic, a business friend sent me yesterday’s media release NZX & FMA initiate industry review: Capital Markets 2029. My response was:

“Had a squizz at the article, I’ll eat my hat if they can turn the NZX around.

The fundamental problem is NZ is such a small capital which the NZX can’t do much about, its top heavy and inefficient relative the larger overseas bourses.

It doesn’t help that the NZX arguably doesn’t effectively enforce the listing rules and the FMA doesn’t adequately police the NZX, investors can’t rely on their governance for protection from the cowboys. A good example is there’s no serious vetting of market sensitive company announcements, the cowboys get away with murder by over-hyping financial projections, and the NZX was proposing to stop doing any policing of announcements at all.”