sharetrader
Page 12 of 121 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I know Mark Waller personally and you should take care & due notice not to confuse Mark's self-confessed love of BMWs, Porsches & Ferraris (which he does not show off) with others who think that owning or being pictured with a Ferrari or other exotic cars in Annual Reports = great company.

I recall very well when Mark bought his first brand new BMW - he was almost apologetic about it as he knew staff and the great Christchurch unwashed envy brigade * would criticize him for his purchase. So he kept it out of sight and enjoyed over the weekends.

* same brigade who thought Allan Hubbard walked on water because he drove and was always pictured with his VW.
    Being CEO then Chairman of a medical supply business, is very different from being Chairman of the largest second hand motor vehicle dealer in NZ.
    Last edited by percy; 10-07-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Being CEO then Chairman of a medical supply business, is very different from being Chairman of the largest second hand motor vehicle dealer in NZ.
    Being the CEO of a very very very successful company which has generated huge amounts of wealth for shareholders & driving a Ferrari (without showing off) is indeed very different!!!!!

I have to say the car one drives doesn’t particularly impress me one way or the other - some might say a ridiculously impractical car is purely compensation for lacking in other areas. But who am I to judge.

If I am looking purely at the performance of IKE I see a company that is growing and winning recurring income contracts in a rather large field. There is a fair amount of international potential, they appear to be ahead of their competition which gives them a reputational advantage if not an intellectual advantage.

The management appear to be doing an adequate job. Growth may be a little slower and lumpier than perhaps we would like but that is the nature of the contracts they are bidding on.

As long as the revenue line keeps climbing it is hard to see things going terribly wrong at this juncture. I have been wrong before and stand to be corrected again. However, looking forward to see what news tomorrow brings.

percy

Being Chairman of NZ largest used vehicle retailer and owning a Ferrari shows you are the right person for the job.
    A businessman who is a "petrol head" at heart.
    Last edited by percy; 10-07-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Being Chairman of NZ largest used vehicle retailer and owning a Ferrari shows you are the right person for the job.
    A businessman who is a "petrol head" at heart.
    That's what the Fonterra board said : "Being farmers, we know what's the best for farmers."

Or more down to earth, a good mother does not have to own a cow in the backyard to know where good milk comes from!~

More to point, TRA has gone backwards in the last 5 years while EBOS has gone up by more than 150%!!!!!

Guess which individual really knows how to drive a Ferrari!
    Last edited by Balance; 10-07-2019 at 05:28 PM.

percy

As usual I think we must agree never to agree.
    However I must point out I have never seen either drive at speed.
    Yes I held EBO for over 25 years and did very well.No longer hold.
    My TRA holding has seen a share price decline, and an increase in fully imputed paid quarterly divies.
    So they are serving their purpose,which was to be part of my dividend paying section of my portfolio..
    IKE is a small part of my capital growth section of my portfolio.Whether I add or not will depend on their results.
    Last edited by percy; 10-07-2019 at 05:44 PM.

As usual I think we must agree never to agree.
    Share price & profit performances over 5 years are enough for me to judge who knows how to drive a Ferrari better!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Share price & profit performances over 5 years are enough for me to judge who knows how to drive a Ferrari better!
    Really ???????????????????//

Really ???????????????????//
    Absolutely!

Baker has driven his Ferrari (TRA) into the ditch by the side of the road and the Ferrari is currently being evaluated for damages to be fixed.

Waller has driven his Ferrari (EBOS) onto the autobahn and is speeding along at 150 mph, leaving Baker's TRA in the ditch!

percy

I owe you an apology.
    Never thought you had a sense of humour...
    Good one,..