sharetrader
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    percy

I guess today's downgrade comes as no real surprise.
    I will continue to hold,as I have always expected sales will be a little lumpy.
    Last edited by percy; 24-01-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Elusive retirement moves another year further out. Hopefully only a minor hiccup in the greater scheme of things.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I guess today's downgrade comes as no real surprise.
    I will continue to hold,as I have always expected sales will be a little lumpy.
    Although not in my actual portfolio IKE was my least conviction punt in the 2019 stock picking comp and this news will probably end my short time near the top!

That said, I like IKE's chances and think this news is merely them being cautious/conservative. GLH's.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Although not in my actual portfolio IKE was my least conviction punt in the 2019 stock picking comp and this news will probably end my short time near the top!

That said, I like IKE's chances and think this news is merely them being cautious/conservative. GLH's.
    Agreed.............................

Unfortunately, I’ve come to the opinion that IKE will continue to be an under-performer, yesterday’s release confirms my argument last year that their business model may be flawed because they lack a sustainable revenue stream.

I got badly beaten up by Xirr (guest) back in mid-2015 when I first joined specifically to go to bat for IKE in response to Xirr’s damning posts, he argued the promoters had over-hyped the product which he called "nothing new" crap hyped up by the promoters. Looks like he was fundamentally right!

The one thing Xirr and I agreed about was there’s little supervision of these small cap companies by the NZX, they can spin disaster into success through carefully crafted market releases with virtual impunity! IKE’s forecasts have been appallingly wrong.

This is a timely topic, a business friend sent me yesterday’s media release NZX & FMA initiate industry review: Capital Markets 2029. My response was:

“Had a squizz at the article, I’ll eat my hat if they can turn the NZX around.

The fundamental problem is NZ is such a small capital which the NZX can’t do much about, its top heavy and inefficient relative the larger overseas bourses.

It doesn’t help that the NZX arguably doesn’t effectively enforce the listing rules and the FMA doesn’t adequately police the NZX, investors can’t rely on their governance for protection from the cowboys. A good example is there’s no serious vetting of market sensitive company announcements, the cowboys get away with murder by over-hyping financial projections, and the NZX was proposing to stop doing any policing of announcements at all.”

Quote Originally Posted by Survfer View Post
    Unfortunately, I’ve come to the opinion that IKE will continue to be an under-performer, yesterday’s release confirms my argument last year that their business model may be flawed because they lack a sustainable revenue stream.

I got badly beaten up by Xirr (guest) back in mid-2015 when I first joined specifically to go to bat for IKE in response to Xirr’s damning posts, he argued the promoters had over-hyped the product which he called "nothing new" crap hyped up by the promoters. Looks like he was fundamentally right!

Not sure it was that bad a release.

Either way, I am hoping you are wrong as I took the opportunity to add a bunch more to portfolio.

I looked at these today. I figure they're currently about twice the price they should be at the moment. Also they're not doing as well as they should for a company that started up in 2003. They should be a bit further along than they are. Wasn't impressed by the 2 errors i found on their website when searching the resellers list.

That said, they started that they're onto the path of breaking even. Maybe they'll come good one day.

Though i would love to know the size of the market to understand whether that's even worth a punt.

Currently, I'm staying clear.

This sounds like good news

Hope share price recovers some of its lost ground

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...383/297279.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Significant/significantly.
    The use of either once in an announcement signals "hold"
    Used twice signals "buy"
    Used three times signals "strong buy".
    Interesting enough Glenn Milnes used it three times in today's announcement.???!!..............................lo l.

However it is disappointing "EBITDA breakeven for Q4 FY19 will not be achieved."
    Last edited by percy; 25-03-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Certainly not as strong as originally hoped, however, the fact that they continue to show strong growth in today's climate of pearshapped results suggests that they are doing something right.
    Happy to see what next year delivers. I am hoping for retirement, but will settle for a decent holiday.