sharetrader

Default Need help with Interactive Brokers and Ninja Trader Platforms

Hi Guys,

I’m a fairly new trader with some very basic questions.

Previously I’ve been used to the interfaces of Plus500, I’ve been using it for CFD trading and the odd bit of Forex. It offers a nice clean and very simple interface

I decided that I wanted to get set up properly and a well known platform and start to take it a bit more seriously. I jumped right into Interactive Brokers as they allow access to a large range of markets. I’m slowly picking up the platform and I’m trying to understand it more before I put the minimum deposit of 10k down and get going. So the questions:

• Have I done the right thing with IB for CFD trading?
    • The ‘data feed’ subscription is new for me. What should I be getting with respect to this?
    • I’ve downloaded Ninja Trader to help me with the charting
    • I want to apply a set of rules to various instrument charts (several moving averages, highs/lows, P/E/G ratios) to help my selection can this be done in NinjaTrader using the strategy builder? It looks like it’s a coded interface :/
    • Should I got back to Plus500?

I’m constantly reading material online but as you can imagine, it’s difficult when it’s not rationalised, so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you wearing those little black Ninja slippers? No? that may be the problem. Sorry, I'm a sad individual and cannot help you but no-one else answered so I decided to fill the vacuum. Systems/programs requiring large outlays of cash always make me think...careful scam coming....however we are all adults and make our own decisions. Programs that promise to filter out and do the hard work to give you the "winners" seem to get bad press so my question is the age old question...what do you get for your money and is it or does it sound like "its too good to be true" territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amdaman View Post
    Hi Guys,

I’m a fairly new trader with some very basic questions.

Previously I’ve been used to the interfaces of Plus500, I’ve been using it for CFD trading and the odd bit of Forex. It offers a nice clean and very simple interface

I decided that I wanted to get set up properly and a well known platform and start to take it a bit more seriously. I jumped right into Interactive Brokers as they allow access to a large range of markets. I’m slowly picking up the platform and I’m trying to understand it more before I put the minimum deposit of 10k down and get going. So the questions:

• Have I done the right thing with IB for CFD trading?
    • The ‘data feed’ subscription is new for me. What should I be getting with respect to this?
    • I’ve downloaded Ninja Trader to help me with the charting
    • I want to apply a set of rules to various instrument charts (several moving averages, highs/lows, P/E/G ratios) to help my selection can this be done in NinjaTrader using the strategy builder? It looks like it’s a coded interface :/
    • Should I got back to Plus500?

I’m constantly reading material online but as you can imagine, it’s difficult when it’s not rationalised, so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz