sharetrader
Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889 LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Same advisor who had his own ratings system for the finance companies which recommended SCF, Hanover, Strategic Finance etc etc?

Same advisor who thought the sun shone out of Allan Hubbard's arse before SCF collapsed in one whole heap?
    To be fair the advisor was poking the borax at the really shonky finance companies when no one else was.

Yes he got sucked in by Allan Hubbard but even Allan Hubbard was sucked in by the legend of Allan Hubbard.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Membaa

Has anyone figured out what McCrae ended up with, he listed the company late 2014 for moonbeams (shonky no forecasts .. how did that turn out?), presided over an investors wealth destruction (only good thing was a 100% upside trade Feb 2016 to May 2016 for the truely enlightened trader), lately flicked a part of the company that might have been actually any good, then ends up taking over the shell back into private ownership. Smells bad but I'm not onto OHE enough to know how it worked out for McCrae himself, did he do OK, fantastic, lose a bit, lose a lot .. anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    To be fair the advisor was poking the borax at the really shonky finance companies when no one else was.

Yes he got sucked in by Allan Hubbard but even Allan Hubbard was sucked in by the legend of Allan Hubbard.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    He did but he also proceeded to put his clients into just about all the other finance companies and when they all went broke, he pretended it had nothing to do with his ratings system!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Has anyone figured out what McCrae ended up with, he listed the company late 2014 for moonbeams (shonky no forecasts .. how did that turn out?), presided over an investors wealth destruction (only good thing was a 100% upside trade Feb 2016 to May 2016 for the truely enlightened trader), lately flicked a part of the company that might have been actually any good, then ends up taking over the shell back into private ownership. Smells bad but I'm not onto OHE enough to know how it worked out for McCrae himself, did he do OK, fantastic, lose a bit, lose a lot .. anyone know?
    He has done ok.

Blew through some serious money to develop OHE further, and goes back to owning all of it (less 75% of the best part).

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If someone put a gun to my head, (you'd have to because I wouldn't buy either), and said would you buy this or XRO ? I'd choose XRO in a heartbeat. At least that has genuine dynamic growth and is substantially made up of recurring business regardless of how over-priced it may be. I find it peculiar that such a small float would seek a dual listing with all the extra costs that incurs and the size of the company's loss $14.8m for the six months to 30 September 2014 on turnover of only $80m looks like a real worry especially seeing as how the company has been profitable before. How is it that the company has been able to grow at 25-30% growth in the past while remaining profitable.
    All the low hanging fruit in this niche health sector already picked ? Floating a pup with little to no chance of making any money in the foreseeable future ?
    Current growth rates slowing despite massive increase in new staff hire ? Pricing in the next six years prospective growth that may or may not happen into the present IPO price like reestablishment of consistent 30% growth in future years is a given ?
    Have we got another Hirepool on our hands with a blatantly greedy promoter ?
    Posted 28/10/2014. Some dog braked clearly this was a pup. If only it was this easy to spot the winners (sigh).
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...ver-offer.html

Independent valuation?

Amazing how Korda Mentha has come out with a valuation range of $1.00 to $1.47 - mid point $1.235 - vs the compulsory takeover price of $1.225!

These valuation experts are as useful in assisting investors as buffoon Muldoon was at managing the NZ economy!

Guru

Independent valuation?

Amazing how Korda Mentha has come out with a valuation range of $1.00 to $1.47 - mid point $1.235 - vs the compulsory takeover price of $1.225!

These valuation experts are as useful in assisting investors as buffoon Muldoon was at managing the NZ economy!

IMO or IMHO Longie/Palmer/Clark/Shipley/Peters and the current lot of m@got$

Guru

Independent valuation?

Gee, I detect a hint of cynicism there B. Not sure why given Orion's IPO and subsequent performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Gee, I detect a hint of cynicism there B. Not sure why given Orion's IPO and subsequent performance.
    https://orionhealth.com/media/4453/2...ion-report.pdf

$1.15 - $1.61 was the valuation range back in September 2018 by said Morda Mentha so I guess I am just a tiny bit cynical!

Hope an institution with 10% of the remaining shares take OHE & Korda on by requiring an independent valuation (under Takeovers Code) - which will be binding on all parties.

Guru

Looks like Orion Health is finally getting some good traction according to todays Business Desk I wonder if there is a rebirth future for this share now ?