sharetrader
Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yes I know what you mean Kay. I also think they will go down below 90c but I have decided to take up the rights offer if it will help them survive. I may well be throwing good money after bad but I would like to see them succeed.
    Hey Rupert, some might wonder whether you're into this for investment purposes or philanthropic purposes. I would suggest taking a rather more selfish view, deciding whether chasing bad money with good money is a profitable venture, until the company demonstrates that it is worthy of receiving your hard earned. If you can afford to be philanthropic, by all means wade in.

I would forego the cap raising and keep monitoring the SP for another or a new entry, should and if they get their sh1t together. Nothing is certain about Orion except the historical performance and none of that suggests this is the right time to punt on their future.

It is actually quite easy to just stand on the sidelines and wait until it either recovers, and buy the strength off weakness, or do nothing.

Jmho and just trying to share another perspective. You owe this company nothing, you have no obligations or imperatives to support this company. Your only obligation and imperative is to your future financial security and well being. It might not involve this company, or it may, but there are many other better ones at this point in time.

BAA

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Hey Rupert, some might wonder whether you're into this for investment purposes or philanthropic purposes. I would suggest taking a rather more selfish view, deciding whether chasing bad money with good money is a profitable venture, until the company demonstrates that it is worthy of receiving your hard earned. If you can afford to be philanthropic, by all means wade in.

I would forego the cap raising and keep monitoring the SP for another or a new entry, should and if they get their sh1t together. Nothing is certain about Orion except the historical performance and none of that suggests this is the right time to punt on their future.

It is actually quite easy to just stand on the sidelines and wait until it either recovers, and buy the strength off weakness, or do nothing.

Jmho and just trying to share another perspective. You owe this company nothing, you have no obligations or imperatives to support this company. Your only obligation and imperative is to your future financial security and well being. It might not involve this company, or it may, but there are many other better ones at this point in time.

BAA
    Thanks BAA I found that a really helpful post.

You have helped me realise I would be repeating the same mistake I made with Wynyard if I take up the rights offer especially when I think the sp will keep on going down. Duh! A fool and their money eh!! And no I cant afford to be philanthropic!

I think waiting to see if they can recover is a very wise strategy and a strategy I will adopt and should have adopted ages ago.

And yes there are better fish around to catch at the moment.

Always great to hear your opinion BAA thanks
    Last edited by RupertBear; 14-06-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Guru

I seem to remember Mr Darling of PEB telling the world that they would be generating $100,000,000.00 in 3 years time, that was 3 + years ago I think and is yet to happen, remember " talk is cheap " !

One of the major criticisms from investors about the OHE management was that they refused to provide any sort of financial forecasts. Now they have provided forecast for next financial year and their plan to cut down expenditure. At least now investors can compare their actual performance against their forecast. Their R&D expenditure is crazy and not sustainable.

Yeah, but remember that they previously said they would be profitable soon and would not need to raise any more cash.

And now an emergency cash raise?

Does the CEO have 15 mill in the bank or will this come from loans against shares held?

If the latter one then on what terms will it be supplied?

Also wrapped up in the previous report was that they had factored invoices to the BNZ, things are pretty bad when you have to borrow against accounts receivable.

For a whole raft of reasons I feel very let down by this company. I now don't believe a word they say.

Almost looking like the rights offer is value for money right now.

Would I be right in being suspicious about the timing of the rise in SP?

Conspiracies aside I guess a 25% discount is palatable - I have decided to feed the abyss and hope for the best!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Almost looking like the rights offer is value for money right now.

Would I be right in being suspicious about the timing of the rise in SP?

Conspiracies aside I guess a 25% discount is palatable - I have decided to feed the abyss and hope for the best!
    Not palatable to to Brian Gaynor,Milford mainly out now but Ian McCrae all in.Critical time to hold it all together for the best.Poised for rebound.

老外

Don't just look at the SP, also check the volume. Latest rise is only on the back of ~350k shares traded over the past few days and only 200 so far today for a 9% rise. Todays price action smells fishy to me, which is never a good thing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Don't just look at the SP, also check the volume. Latest rise is only on the back of ~350k shares traded over the past few days and only 200 so far today for a 9% rise. Todays price action smells fishy to me, which is never a good thing.
    True ,check MFI 67.7 indicates?

NZX about as bad and consistent as some rugby refs

No speeding ticket when share price collapsed but one when it goes up

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/260739.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”