sharetrader
Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

The Kid

Ouch. Lesson learnt - don't believe the hype. lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Ouch. Lesson learnt - don't believe the hype. lol
    Unless the market is super bullish a la end of 2013/beginning 2014. You could have built any castle in the air you liked as long as it involved "growth" and, preferably "in roads into the USA".

The market has wised up now

Guru

Stumbled across this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-hhs/22765699/

Headlines from the paper version:

"Digital Medicine fraught with risk says Doctors"

"Doctors are warned by the federal government that they'll soon be penalized for not using electronic medical records, prompting a backlash from those who say the technology is fraught with problems".

"The govt has been handing out $30 BILLION in incentives to help doctors install and use these digitized patient records to improve patient care".

"A group of 37 medical societies led by the American Medical Society sent a letter to Health and Human Services last month saying the certification program is headed in the wrong direction ad that today's electronic record systems are cumbersome, decrease efficiency and most importantly, can present safety problems to patients.

48.1% of doctors according to a survey have adopted some form of electronic health records.

"Physicians passionately despise their electronic health records" says Lexington physican Steve Stack. "We will use technology quickly when it works....electronic health records don't work right now"

"Govt incentives are capped at about $44,000 per doctor for systems that cost at least $100,000 and often closer to $200,000".

"There are hundreds of companies selling systems that often don't communicate with each other. Compounding the problem, there's no requirement that suppliers improve flawed technology".

"A 2013 AMA/RAND study found electronic health records (EHR) are a leading cause of physician dissatisfaction. They are being "pushed down our throats"".

"Some critics says the FDA should regulate systems the way they do for other devices".

So really for me the question is, where does Orion sit in all this. Is their product so good they are on the cusp of a huge opportunity?? Or are they one of the many peddling systems that are unpopular and unwieldy for doctors??

"Even most critics recognize electronic health records are the future".

NO luck man, wish i have a way to short it.... want to do it badly but couldn't find anything

El Toro~

I'm a holder and happy to sit this puppy in my bottom draw for a few years and just play it out, not work selling out now IMO, I'll just stay in for the ride.

Guru

Yes & bringing forward Feb 2016 estimate

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    I would imagine all of the major brokers can short this stock for you. Mine certainly can.
    Who's your broker man

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    Forsyth barr.
    Thanks, will have a look at them, my ASB is hopeless.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwind View Post
    Thanks, will have a look at them, my ASB is hopeless.
    ASB aren't hopeless. They are a discount broker and you get what you pay for.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwind View Post
    Is this stock available to be shorted?
    Have a go FW.Make my day