sharetrader
Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Which may also beg the question, why did they IPO with such a high SP? $5.70 wasn't it? That's a huge market cap for a company making massive losses without a large cash reserve... Jeez, Xero got to that sort of market cap only after Peter Thiel threw another $50m of his own money into it (with others).

Disappointing result in terms of growth, basically flat. I think people are especially wary now after WYN...
    I am a newbie investor who ignored the warning signs and held onto my Wynyard shares for too long hoping for the best and consequently lost it all along with many others. I am now VERY fearful OHE is going to be another Wynyard so I am very wary of holding and hoping given that didnt work so well last time I am thinking maybe it is time to get out now and suck up a loss before it gets even bigger Be grateful to hear what more experienced investors think of the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I am a newbie investor who ignored the warning signs and held onto my Wynyard shares for too long hoping for the best and consequently lost it all along with many others. I am now VERY fearful OHE is going to be another Wynyard so I am very wary of holding and hoping given that didnt work so well last time I am thinking maybe it is time to get out now and suck up a loss before it gets even bigger Be grateful to hear what more experienced investors think of the current situation.
    Quickly telephone Mr C Lee sharebroker and advisor extraordinaire on the Kapiti Coast.
    He knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Quickly telephone Mr C Lee sharebroker and advisor extraordinaire on the Kapiti Coast.
    He knows.
    Yup - the very same Chris Lee who had his very own ratings system for the finance companies with South Canterbury Finance as one on top of his list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    I believe this was a company very highly rated by that man C Lee from Kapiti . He had dinner once with the CEO I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup - the very same Chris Lee who had his very own ratings system for the finance companies with South Canterbury Finance as one on top of his list.
    Sounds like here is a man and a (wo-?)man with an agenda ... axes to grind?

You are right, Chris wrote about OHE and indicated that it is an interesting company with huge potential (if & when the stars align) - and I understand that he holds himself a quite sizeable package (i.e. he puts his money where his mouth is). To be fair - he always indicated as well that OHE is a high risk play (which seems to be so far a quite fair assessment).

Sure - he is not always right (who is?) - and does make mistakes (so do I). Still - I think he adds value and I am one of his clients. So far I made more often money from considering his views and following his recommendations, than losing some (in some cases lost opportunity cost).

If you have issues with Chris, why don't you give him a call and talk them through with him instead of badmouthing him in a public forum?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-11-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

You are right, Chris wrote about OHE and indicated that it is an interesting company with huge potential (if & when the stars align) - and I understand that he holds himself a quite sizeable package (i.e. he puts his money where his mouth is). To be fair - he always indicated as well that OHE is a high risk play (which seems to be so far a quite fair assessment).

Sure - he is not always right (who is?) - and does make mistakes (so do I). Still - I think he adds value and I am one of his clients. So far I made more often money from considering his views and following his recommendations, than losing some (in some cases lost opportunity cost).

If you have issues with Chris, why don't you give him a call and talk them through with him instead of badmouthing him in a public forum?
    OK since you are such a fan of Lee you should start a thread on his financial advice accomplishments. It would be more interesting than the travel log rubbish he fats up his weekly diatribes with.

Ian McCrae now calling Orion a hyper-disruptor

As whatsup said once OHE is cash flow positive this company will spit out cash by the truck load
    Last edited by winner69; 29-11-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Winner I love that term - hyper-disruptor

On a more serious note it looks like the market does not believe what the company has to say about remaining cash reserves being enough to carry through to profitability.
    Mind you they may need to raise capital while profitable to accelerate growth.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ian McCrae now calling Orion a hyper-disruptor

As whatsup said once OHE is cash flow positive this company will spit out cash by the truck load

Outside thinking.

Jeepers, just checked the charts and feel for holders. 'Death cross' passed. Further downside anticipated.

Membaa

26-Nov-14 28-Nov-16
    IPO Price $ 5.70 % of IPO % of IPO % of High
    Open Price $ 6.50 14% $ 2.53 -56% -63%
    High $ 6.79 19% $ 2.53 -56% -63%
    Low $ 6.20 9% $ 2.00 -65% -71%
    Close $ 6.27 10% $ 2.05 -64% -70%

The IPO story: https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/orion-...ange-cs-165068

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...0633708&pnum=2

"Chris Lee, the managing director, wrote to Crone six months before it went into moratorium, saying Strategic "remains one of our preferred providers and their rates are competitive given the reinvestment bonus offered. We rate Strategic as an A-. Strategic has a very high liquidity, an investment grade rating, low bad debts and is well-placed to withstand the difficult conditions in financial markets," Lee wrote on June 13, 2008, in a letter signed by Edward Lee. Strategic defaulted on August 7, 2008.