Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You are doing well

Told you you would

Be a lot higher too by end of the year
    Thanks winner Rupert is a much happier little bear today

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thanks winner Rupert is a much happier little bear today
    Although a bear does worry that this pup will go down again just as quick as it went up oh dear what is a bear to do

Banned

Although a bear does worry that this pup will go down again just as quick as it went up oh dear what is a bear to do
    A small profit is better than going back to square one, ladders often turn quickly into snakes, depends how long you want to play the game for.

Well, you bought in when the non-holding commentators emerged with their bearish derision of the company, so I suggest you wait for the bullish holders to tell you it's going to the moon. Sell then please.

These threads are very good for spotting turning points

Also, change your nic to Rupert Bull

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A small profit is better than going back to square one, ladders often turn quickly into snakes, depends how long you want to play the game for.
    Too true Couta if it looks like its turning into a snake and heading back to square one and beyond this little bear will be outa there!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Well, you bought in when the non-holding commentators emerged with their bearish derision of the company, so I suggest you wait for the bullish holders to tell you it's going to the moon. Sell then please.

These threads are very good for spotting turning points

Also, change your nic to Rupert Bull
    Thanks for that, I will keep my eyes and ears on full alert ready for a timley escape if the tide turns no more Wynyards for this little bull

Newbie question. Is the share price likely to tend down when it exits the NZX50? Just wondering if there a pattern and if the share price tends to spike before it exits?

Newbie question. Is the share price likely to tend down when it exits the NZX50? Just wondering if there a pattern and if the share price tends to spike before it exits?
    ohe is a also listed in asx, so it might be better because small cap fund might be buying it... altho, usually entering into nzx50 means sp goes up, dropping out might not lead to sp going down as most of the instos are out by now..

Thanks for that, I will keep my eyes and ears on full alert ready for a timley escape if the tide turns no more Wynyards for this little bull
    This hound has learned not to play with fire, almost always get your fur burned. No if's and not butts, buy no mutts ! There's investment and then there's gambling...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Surprised that OHE is part of the NZX50 given that most of its shares are not freely floating. However I checked and you are right. Hey - I learned something new, cheers

Related to your question ... I guess if companies are in a downtrend and leave the NZX50 because of that, than this downtrend is not normally to change just because the stock leaves the index. However - other than that, expect a bit of a ripple (potential opportunity for traders) when index fonds do their thing, but there is not normally anything with lasting impact.

From memory - when HLG left the NZX50 I think it even went up a bit after a few days (and look where it is now).

Having said all this - OHE is despite the nice recent spike technically still well in a downtrend (but obviously - things can change) ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)