sharetrader
Page 118 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2726
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ironically in some respects shareholders are the root cause of where Metro finds themselves now.can only blame themselves.
    Really?
    All foolishly wanting to buy $300 Hiut jeans.?.......lol.
    Last edited by percy; 21-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Until they clarify whether this comprehensive review of all aspects of the business is fully budgeted and either included or excluded as an extraordinary item from the current year forecast then their forecast is as opaque as a frosted bathroom window. How can investors and the market be happy with that ? (What do I know...the SP is up a few cents in the last 24 hours)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Craigs have reduced their target price from $1.55 to $1.05,some 30%?? and rate them as a hold.?
    I do note Craigs target price is still lower than the $1.08, our other dead duck MVN, is currently trading at.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool The only thing opaque round here is....

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Until they clarify whether this comprehensive review of all aspects of the business is fully budgeted and either included or excluded as an extraordinary item from the current year forecast then their forecast is as opaque as a frosted bathroom window. How can investors and the market be happy with that ? (What do I know...the SP is up a few cents in the last 24 hours)
    Mr Muscle Glass Cleaner

"Metro Glass is adjusting its New Zealand business to reflect softer market conditions, and assuming no significant variation to the Company’s expectations, the Group’s net profit after tax for the 12 months to 31 March 2018 is likely to be in the range of $18.5 million ‐ $20.0 million. This compares to $19.4 million for the 12 months to 31March 2017."
    quote from the announcement.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Mr Muscle Glass Cleaner

"Metro Glass is adjusting its New Zealand business to reflect softer market conditions, and assuming no significant variation to the Company’s expectations, the Group’s net profit after tax for the 12 months to 31 March 2018 is likely to be in the range of $18.5 million ‐ $20.0 million. This compares to $19.4 million for the 12 months to 31March 2017."
    quote from the announcement.
    I need instructions for use of the Mr Muscle glass cleaner, Beagle's are all claws and paw pads handling such bottles.
    What is the cost of the strategic review ?
    Are you 100% sure this has already be budgeted as an ordinary operating expense in the company's forecast or will they try and con shareholders this is an extraordinary item and should be treated as outside normal P&L expenditure ?

I look forward to clear instructions as I hate getting my fur contaminated with cleaning chemicals for no good reason.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

FPH great example of financial reporting. Reported results as per the accounts. None of this normalised stuff - just mention of things like we absorbed $10m of legal costs in the commentary.

Can’t imagine Metro saying we absorbed $1m of consulting costs (or whatever it is) - need abnormals
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    FPH great example of financial reporting. Reported results as per the accounts. None of this normalised stuff - just mention of things like we absorbed $10m of legal costs in the commentary.

Can’t imagine Metro saying we absorbed $1m of consulting costs (or whatever it is) - need abnormals
    Agreed and by no means the only ones. AIR are also very good at clearly articulating what is and what isn't included in their forecast and making things crystal clear.
    I reckon someone on here should e.mail investor relations department (if they have one) at MPG and get some clarity about what the expected cost of the review is and whether that's already been budgeted as a normal expense in their profit forecast and post their response, (if any is forthcoming) on here.

I dont want to "Jinx" it but looks like MPG is quite close to cross 97 DMA.

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    I dont want to "Jinx" it but looks like MPG is quite close to cross 97 DMA.
    Wonder if Winner has been plundering his grandkids piggy banks to buy up again, bit of volume today.

OMG - from Stats NZ

The seasonally adjusted number of all new homes consented fell 9.6 percent in October compared with September, when consents fell 2.5 percent.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”