sharetrader
Page 119 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2726

Down only 1% from October last year.

Hate how they report on this, you scared me for a second Winner - month on month tells nothing tho, there is seasonality for consents! Headlines all over this like its the breaking news of the century.

YOY looks all good given changes to GOV etc and still at record highs.
    Last edited by TheHunter; 30-11-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OMG - from Stats NZ

The seasonally adjusted number of all new homes consented fell 9.6 percent in October compared with September, when consents fell 2.5 percent.
    Looks like the new government makes already a huge dent ... signs of things to come. Better to stay out of the building industry.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Hate how they report on this, you scared me for a second Winner - month on month tells nothing tho, there is seasonality for consents! Headlines all over this like its the breaking news of the century.

YOY looks all good given changes to GOV etc and still at record highs.
    The seasonality number takes into account ‘seasonability’ so October are weak numbers .....but not than many apartments consented

‘volatility’ in monthly numbers is what cause the headlines

Still pretty high numbers but annual growth approaching zero .....and probably going negative.

Metro tout the relationship and th lag ....so market conditions not going to help them that much next financial year.....but they’ll still make $20m odd profit
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Looks like the new government makes already a huge dent ... signs of things to come. Better to stay out of the building industry.
    Agreed and also you need business confidence to invest in new commercial projects so this dramatic collapse in confidence to lows not seen since the GFC is quite concerning I would think. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...kiwi-dropshtml
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Finally some life in Metro, thought it was beyond revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Finally some life in Metro, thought it was beyond revival.
    One of the stars of the NZX today eh

As t_j would say Mr Market must be waking up to the huge potential Metro has - especially these millions of extra windows that Jacinda and her team is organising

No worries ....Metro might make more than $20m this year after all

You buying more loulou
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Bought some through my Kiwisaver, bought some more myself and have been drip-feeding my Kiwisaver contributions, so is now my biggest holding. And.............. am not proud of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Bought some through my Kiwisaver, bought some more myself and have been drip-feeding my Kiwisaver contributions, so is now my biggest holding. And.............. am not proud of that.
    Well up 5% today so that's something, but yeah you really don't want this as your largest holding. Management are shocking and their track record is pretty dismal, but again at current SP it seems factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agreed and also you need business confidence to invest in new commercial projects so this dramatic collapse in confidence to lows not seen since the GFC is quite concerning I would think. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...kiwi-dropshtml
    Tony Alexander came out late last week in his weekly update and basically said to ignore this latest business confidence survey. Reckons business people are just being, (I am obviously paraphrasing here) Sour Puss's and having a good pout and the usual trend is that negativity will reduce as people get used to the new Govt.

Still think this is a very average company run by very average management and governed by very average directors trading in a cyclical industry at the peak of the cycle..PE of not more than 10 surely...who wants to invest in just Joe average companies anyway...or maybe they're actually really quite a bit below average and their balance sheet is riddled with goodwill that can't be justified based on the current lack of growth
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-12-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine