sharetrader
Page 120 of 273 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2726
    percy

[QUOTE=Beagle;695968]Tony Alexander came out late last week in his weekly update and basically said to ignore this latest business confidence survey. Reckons business people are just being, (I am obviously paraphrasing here) Sour Puss's and having a good pout and the usual trend is that negativity will reduce as people get used to the new Govt.

Tony Alexander is exactly right.
    I did point this out to you on TRA thread my post # 1924 1/12/2017 when you posted the link to the same article.

[QUOTE=percy;695974]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Tony Alexander came out late last week in his weekly update and basically said to ignore this latest business confidence survey. Reckons business people are just being, (I am obviously paraphrasing here) Sour Puss's and having a good pout and the usual trend is that negativity will reduce as people get used to the new Govt.

Tony Alexander is exactly right.
    I did point this out to you on TRA thread my post # 1924 1/12/2017 when you posted the link to the same article.
    Maybe... maybe not Percy. Just waiting for those big white teeth to start biting at the established capitalist model in some way shape of form and then we'll get a better gauge on this.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

[QUOTE=Beagle;695977]
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

Maybe... maybe not Percy. Just waiting for those big white teeth to start biting at the established capitalist model in some way shape of form and then we'll get a better gauge on this.
    Successful capitalists capitalise on changes in governments' "models."
    Opportunities come their way.!
    ie Electric cars will not run on power supplied by Z or BP.
    Last edited by percy; 11-12-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Wondering if its worth a small nibble at this level (as a short term hold) given it has quite a good wee divie

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Wondering if its worth a small nibble at this level (as a short term hold) given it has quite a good wee divie
    A dog is a dog.. Just learn to accept it.. Is it what you want.. ???

Was in and out at about $1.35/36

Not likely to reach those heights any time soon IMHO..

Easy to say cut your loses.. :-)))))

Disc.. Not a holder..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Sorry Rupert but your investments always appear to be on the loosing side..

Just stop .... Read this site .. Learn from this site..

You will never find more informed people of the NZ exchange willing to talk .. Clearly and honestly anywhere else..

But what would I know ...?????

I still think MPG is pretty cheap at these levels, but it deserves to be. if they turn it around in FY18 shareholders will be rewarded, but given their track record I've lost most of my faith. Apparently they have increased their pricing significantly so if they can keep market share they should pull in an ok 2nd half. I'm predicting 19m NPAT for the year.

What annoys me about MPG the most is their complete lack of transparency and at times lies. Like how they acted Sir John Goulter was planning to depart following the ASM and then made nothing of it, or the fact shareholders have never had an apology for the fact this has been the worst performing nzx50 stock of the year.

I still hold some in hopes that it will one day bounce back, but I have sold some down so this no longer has a significant weighting. I hope more than believe at this stage. Agree the dividend is good, but they do have a lot of debt which is a bit worrying if there's a downturn.
    Last edited by JeremyALD; 11-12-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    A dog is a dog.. Just learn to accept it.. Is it what you want.. ???

Was in and out at about $1.35/36

Not likely to reach those heights any time soon IMHO..

Easy to say cut your loses.. :-)))))

Disc.. Not a holder..
    True, thanks for the timely reminder. Bought a few at $1.35 and sold a few at $1.41 but unfortunately kept a few so I actually already have more than I want!

Advanced Member

More than any one wants if the truth be told..

Seriously.. Learn to cut your loses.. Can the money be used in a better place..

Having said that.. I have had embarrassing loses.. As we all do as we still learn.. Aye Percy ???

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Well up 5% today so that's something, but yeah you really don't want this as your largest holding. Management are shocking and their track record is pretty dismal, but again at current SP it seems factored in.
    I think your losses have left a bitter taste in your mouth and clouding your judgement

Growing revenues and improved profits over the last few years with a more than solid EBIT margin that many industry players would envy does not fit with your recent comments about management and general performance

Metro shareholders are their own worst enemies

Sorry about saying this ...no personal insults intended
    Last edited by winner69; 12-12-2017 at 07:01 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”