sharetrader
Page 146 of 276 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2751

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    Balance-I have already mentioned this three days back.Yes you need to start for MPG.
    85c!

Always right to buy at 82c!

Especially when the recommendation to sell at 82c came from a broker which had a buy at $1.45!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    85c!

Always right to buy at 82c!

Especially when the recommendation to sell at 82c came from a broker which had a buy at $1.45!
    Yes 82c was a good time to buy mate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes 82c was a good time to buy mate
    I genuinely feel sorry for the investors who blindly follow the brokers' recommendations. They have never ever been there for the retail investors - corporates first, institutions second and far far behind, retail clients.

Still beggars belief that investors do not see through the fallacy of following a brokerage firm which recommends they buy a stock at $1.45 and then, sell at 82c!

You could see them in action the other day when they fled MPG in droves down to 81c!

Closed at 86c - 6.2% up on the 81c sold by some because of FNZC's recommendation.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-05-2018 at 05:03 PM.

I genuinely feel sorry for the investors who blindly follow the brokers' recommendations. They have never ever been there for the retail investors - corporates first, institutions second and far far behind, retail clients.

Still beggars belief that investors do not see through the fallacy of following a brokerage firm which recommends they buy a stock at $1.45 and then, sell at 82c!

You could see them in action the other day when they fled MPG in droves down to 81c!

Closed at 86c - 6.2% up on the 81c sold by some because of FNZC's recommendation.
    As time passes theories and assumptions on certain businesses and industries are proven/disproven and opinions follow.
    Telling clients to cut losses now as they do not see a solid return happening in 2018-2019... we will find out if they made the right call come 2019.

I bailed today at 85c. The ST negativity eventually got to me. With the last dividend in the bank I am $2000 down on my investment but now can stop worrying. Optimistically I can say I made a (hypothetical) profit from the recent lows in the 70c range (whereas I actually paid $1).

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I bailed today at 85c. The ST negativity eventually got to me. With the last dividend in the bank I am $2000 down on my investment but now can stop worrying. Optimistically I can say I made a (hypothetical) profit from the recent lows in the 70c range (whereas I actually paid $1).
    Yep I hear you. I am down a little less than you and tempted to bail as well. I keep thinking if I sell and park the money somewhere else I will have more chance of recouping my losses than leaving it where it is. But knowing my luck as soon as I sell the sp will jump up

Outside thinking.

Good luck! I don't share the faith on this one. Management/Directors have much to prove IMO.

I would be waiting for a hint of a 'golden cross' on the TA. ('Picking Bottoms' is over-rated IMO.)

Hawkins in receivership news
    Last edited by Leftfield; 12-05-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Took a $10000 loss on this one and probably NEVER invest in MPG again

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Took a $10000 loss on this one and probably NEVER invest in MPG again
    The market has an extremely long memory, your loss will not be forgotten nor will the losses of many other 'dreamcatchers'. MPG is unfortunately tarred inexorably from its shonky IPO and may never recover from it, or even it does recover some day it will be broadcast here sufficiently early enough for one to action it.

Take it on the chin, a lesson learnt. Listen to the advice of those who are truely experienced (I don't include myself in that definition) and graciously offer their wise counsel here and stick to proven earners with solid fundamentals and great growth prospects with SP's that aren't being beaten to a pulp by negative sentiment.

There are only a handful of companies on NZX that are left in this topped out market that fit the definition and the guru's posting here are all over them like a rash. MPG isn't one of them.

Everything else is very speculative, especially NZX IPO's that are not government-backed.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yep I hear you. I am down a little less than you and tempted to bail as well. I keep thinking if I sell and park the money somewhere else I will have more chance of recouping my losses than leaving it where it is. But knowing my luck as soon as I sell the sp will jump up
    Rupert ..Rupert.. Rupert... You have been on here long enough to know by now that there are some basics that we all try to adhere to..

LUCK is not one of them.. Some have Balls of steel.. They come from experience.. We all win some and lose some.. Follow the rules and learn..

Try and find KW's post's .. Contact JT I know he has posted it on here before.

Good hunting.. !!!

You are in the right place at the right time... USE IT ..