sharetrader
Page 16 of 273 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

1.8 million in shares already traded today.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    1.8 million in shares already traded today.
    You doing another small top-up BP
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not playing in that league ... and it sort of reached the absolute maximum allocation in my portfolio (this is two top ups after reaching the self imposed "normal" limit). Rules are there to be broken, but it shouldn't turn into a habit ... .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

research suggests risks around productivity and execution and in being able to translate this into meaningful margin increase also she be right attitudes also slow down becoming evident.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    research suggests risks around productivity and execution and in being able to translate this into meaningful margin increase also she be right attitudes also slow down becoming evident.
    You want to share with us the base of your "findings"?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    He might need to get his cheque book out again as it's trying to break below $1.30, watch out for that broken glass BP. PS-The chart looks like a cliff fall followed by a serious rollercoaster. PPS-Put a bid on myself at $1.29, might as well take a wee rollercoaster trip just for the fun of it.
    Last edited by couta1; 13-04-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    He might need to get his cheque book out again as it's trying to break below $1.30, watch out for that broken glass BP. PS-The chart looks like a cliff fall followed by a serious rollercoaster. PPS-Put a bid on myself at $1.29, might as well take a wee rollercoaster trip just for the fun of it.
    Maybe they have hit a bottom at $1.30 ? PE 11.5...BNZ reckon there's about 1 million Kiwi's presently living overseas. With the world security situation deteriorating by the day I can't see any let-up in the immigration rate of 71,000 per annum wanting to come to little ol safe New Zealand. All got to live somewhere. Maybe no end to the building boom in the foreseeable future ? If management can make a half decent effort to convert some of that building boom into bottom line results, (unlike FBU who seem to have systemic issues potentially going on for years with questions regarding all of their construction backlog previously won using systemically flawed bidding processes ?), then maybe this is the one to own instead of FBU ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

MPG is a grizzly type bear..If it breaks below 1.30 (Primary support) it will fall quickly to form a low (TA target price 1.10)..MPG being a bear says that without any TA buy signals there's a good chance of it breaking its 1.30 support, if not this time perhaps the next time......Couta.I fail to understand your mirror image investing style..its even doesn't fall into contrarian investing strategy.

MPG stock sudden fall is attracting some Contrarian Investors, but not enough yet to trigger buy signals...

Investment strategy says you don't trigger a buy just below a major support break (when others trigger a sell), you trigger a buy just above support (as what is happening now) with very tight stops just in case it breaks..
    Last edited by Hoop; 18-04-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    MPG is a grizzly type bear..If it breaks below 1.30 (Primary support) it will fall quickly to form a low (TA target price 1.10)..MPG being a bear says that without any TA buy signals there's a good chance of it breaking its 1.30 support, if not this time perhaps the next time......Couta.I fail to understand your mirror image investing style..its even doesn't fall into contrarian investing strategy.

MPG stock sudden fall is attracting some Contrarian Investors, but not enough yet to trigger buy signals...

Investment strategy says you don't trigger a buy just below a major support break (when others trigger a sell), you trigger a buy just above support (as what is happening now) with very tight stops just in case it breaks..
    Was a bit of a humourous response to BP's enthusiastic loading up on MPG. I did have a bid on at $1.29 last Friday but that $1.30 seems to be providing quite a good support level at this point. From my viewpoint it would only be a small punt on the basis that it could give a 30-40c upside over the next 6 months. A bit like PPH aye Hoop, you can't win if your not in.

Guru

Was a bit of a humourous response to BP's enthusiastic loading up on MPG. I did have a bid on at $1.29 last Friday but that $1.30 seems to be providing quite a good support level at this point. From my viewpoint it would only be a small punt on the basis that it could give a 30-40c upside over the next 6 months. A bit like PPH aye Hoop, you can't win if your not in.
    Yeah Mate..VeryTrue ......but