sharetrader
Page 162 of 273 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think we can agree from a governance perspective this has been very poorly handled. This gives investors a clear window of insight into whether the board is up to the task of crystal clear transparency or not.
    Yes and it will be interesting to see if the board are buying today,actually it will be VERY interesting

Unfortunately, the most profitable part of MPG's operations has now got competition.

From Ministry of Housing : "Our aluminium windows are the most expensive in the world. The industry pretends there are five operators. But there is only one in the important part of the value chain supplying the aluminium extrusion. "

Such are the ways of the world - any player enjoying exceptional margins will attract competition and in this instance, MPG has.

Stand aside until such time as the impact on MPG's margins become clear.

Meanwhile, could be good news for home builders and buyers?
    Last edited by Balance; 19-11-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks for rules...I don't have the energy to run with the ball. Early sellers might be hoping this closes at around 72 cents, the opening price, so this ends up being a storm in a tea cup (dog bowl ?). I don't like their chances.
    Whilst I concede this could have been well informed Forbar clients jumping ship someone needs to run the ruler over this mornings apparent fiasco as it doesn't look right.
    I think we agree that it could have been handled better, but at this stage I don't see it as a hanging offence. Given that I neither sold nor bought prior to the announcement - am I as well not impacted ... so leave it to whoever might feel aggrieved.

Anybody looked at the chart? Big and beautiful gap ... and SP ways out of Bollinger bands (likely to bounce back?). Not a trader, but this could be a temptation for some. Might need to ask Moosie what he thinks ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

I thought things were going to bounce or something?
    No worries - will bounce bigly sooner or later when the takeover offer at 80c comes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think we agree that it could have been handled better, but at this stage I don't see it as a hanging offence. Given that I neither sold nor bought prior to the announcement - am I as well not impacted ... so leave it to whoever might feel aggrieved.

Anybody looked at the chart? Big and beautiful gap ... and SP ways out of Bollinger bands (likely to bounce back?). Not a trader, but this could be a temptation for some. Might need to ask Moosie what he thinks ...
    Yes definitely. Really gutted I have no funds in my ANZ securities account today as I've missed the "opportunity of a lifetime" and with such world class governance how could anyone possibly lose
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

lowering my target down from previous 90c down to 48c on industry headwinds
    one step ahead of the herd

At least Forbar only went as far as UNDERPERFORM which I say is better than SELL

now share price down heaps maybe another note saying OUTPERFORM will come out tomorrow

They must have been between the lines of recent CSR announcements
    Last edited by winner69; 19-11-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lowering my target down from previous 90c down to 48c on industry headwinds
    That's interesting.
    So you are saying the total worth of this company is only $90m (48cents * 185m shares);
    Just a guts feeling - or based on what assumptions would you come up with this number?
    ----

Just having another look at the announcement ...

We have had it confirmed to us that a large aluminium extruder is looking to
    enter the New Zealand glass processing market, with a new processing plant
    near Hamilton. This greenfield development is expected to begin early
    production in circa 18 months, and by way of comparison once fully up and
    running may be of a broadly similar scale to Metroglass' Highbrook plant.

Metroglass has seven processing plants in the group, is the leading glass
    processor in New Zealand, and is confident in its ability to compete strongly
    in its markets, including 'non-windows' glass where we see further
    opportunities for growth.

Our customers are at the centre of our strategy, and over the six months to
    September, we achieved the highest 'delivery-in-full-on-time' performance in
    over two years.
    OK - so this newcomer intends to build a plant sized like Highbrook. Admittedly one of the larger MPG plants, but still only one out of seven.

The newcomer might find that not all building projects and factories are delivered on time and under budget - and they will need to go through a start up phase much more intense that MPG had to do with its updated plants. Remember - the competitor starts with a greenfield and no trained staff in New Zealand.

But yes - I agree: buying MPG might be the cheapest option for them if bulls price dreams come true ... in this case they would get seven modern and operational factories close to their established customer base for probably twice the price they might need to pay for their one new greenfield development in Hamilton without customers and far away from most of their potential customers.

Just remember - there are two things which matter for glass: short supply lines (transport is expensive) and fast delivery.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just having another look at the announcement ...

OK - so this newcomer intends to build a plant sized like Highbrook. Admittedly one of the larger MPG plants, but still only one out of seven.

The newcomer might find that not all building projects and factories are delivered on time and under budget - and they will need to go through a start up phase much more intense that MPG had to do with its updated plants. Remember - the competitor starts with a greenfield and no trained staff in New Zealand.

But yes - I agree: buying MPG might be the cheapest option for them if bulls price dreams come true ... in this case they would get seven modern and operational factories close to their established customer base for probably twice the price they might need to pay for their one new greenfield development in Hamilton without customers and far away from most of their potential customers.

Just remember - there are two things which matter for glass: short supply lines (transport is expensive) and fast delivery.
    Looking more of a SCREAMING BUY as each hour (or post) goes by

Half year announcement not that important now. I gather they were going say something about this new competive landscape in a more measured way at that announcements which might not have led to this ‘panic’ selling
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”