sharetrader
Page 17 of 273 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I've been looking at this co for a while. Chart looks set for a reversal?

MPG 18-4-17.png

Yup, appears so.

Closed at 1.27. What do you guys have your stop loss as? I put mine in at $1.25. Had a little go around 1.30 but looks like it's heading lower, at least in the short term.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    He might need to get his cheque book out again as it's trying to break below $1.30, watch out for that broken glass BP. PS-The chart looks like a cliff fall followed by a serious rollercoaster. PPS-Put a bid on myself at $1.29, might as well take a wee rollercoaster trip just for the fun of it.
    Did you buy 5,271,056 shares, off market today, at $1.25.?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Did you buy 5,271,056 shares, off market today, at $1.25.?
    Not guilty, I'm too busy catching other falling knives of the blue chip variety currently, namely Sum and Mel. My hands are suffering enough cuts without adding falling glass to the mix. PS-It is a tempting carrot though, along with PPH.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-04-2017 at 08:47 PM.

I got talked into this pup by some guy with an XXL holding...kicking myself that I should know better and wait till the technical's showed a rebound...now licking my wounds because I'm underwater on this and licking my wounds on PPH as well...running out of saliva. I will stick with my standard stop loss of 15% and take the beating on the chin like a man if it comes as I thoroughly deserve it ! Never buy on a downtrend, EVER ! I will definitely not be doing a Couta1 and doubling down on this or PPH. When you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING ! and look for a ladder.
    As BP pointed out their CAGR in sales has been very sound over the last few years but can they translate that into growth in EPS going forward, that's the question ! Speculative I'd say.
    Only a 2% portfolio position for me so all up including the other speculative pup PPH less than 5%. Suppose every hound needs a couple of pups in his pouch to remind himself of what decent shares should look like. Disc: Grumpy hound.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-04-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I got talked into this pup by some guy with an XXL holding...kicking myself that I should know better and wait till the technical's showed a rebound...now licking my wounds because I'm underwater on this and licking my wounds on PPH as well...running out of saliva. I will stick with my standard stop loss of 15% and take the beating on the chin like a man if it comes as I thoroughly deserve it ! Never buy on a downtrend, EVER ! I will definitely not be doing a Couta1 and doubling down on this or PPH. When you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING ! and look for a ladder.
    As BP pointed out their CAGR in sales has been very sound over the last few years but can they translate that into growth in EPS going forward, that's the question ! Speculative I'd say.
    Only a 2% portfolio position for me so all up including the other speculative pup PPH less than 5%. Suppose every hound needs a couple of pups in his pouch to remind himself of what decent shares should look like. Disc: Grumpy hound.
    Yup we should of listened to Percy lol. They pay a good dividend so I'm considering holding and seeing how it goes over the next couple of years. Like you Roger I only had a smallish dab.

Banned

Relax guys, it's not as if you paid $2 for the stock, another 6 months and you both could be 30c in the blue. PS-Im feeling more grumpy about Sum's current share price direction, hard to comprehend why you would sell it to buy Oceania. PPS-Buying in a down trend can be fun Roger, it's kinda like big game fishing if you choose the right stock.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-04-2017 at 09:33 PM.

percy

MGP are not alone.
    This sector should have been enjoying boom times.
    Yet FBU,STU,OIC, and MVN have been serial underperformers for the past few years.
    It's different this time?...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 19-04-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Closed at 1.27. What do you guys have your stop loss as? I put mine in at $1.25. Had a little go around 1.30 but looks like it's heading lower, at least in the short term.
    I've got a stop loss of 1.24. However, this is my second time in, the first time was when it hit 1.30 a couple weeks ago i then sold at 1.35 because the rally seemed to be fizzing out. And then for some silly reason i decided to buy more today at 1.28 even though it broke the 1.30 support level. From a fundamental standpoint i'm happy to buy at this price, however, panic sellers could take the sp anywhere from here.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not guilty, I'm too busy catching other falling knives of the blue chip variety currently, namely Sum and Mel. My hands are suffering enough cuts without adding falling glass to the mix. PS-It is a tempting carrot though, along with PPH.
    Lol i'm currently busy catching falling knives with Mel and Sum too, also a bit of Met for good measure, should be an interesting few weeks.

Chart looks lousy, which matches my fundamental research conclusion
    one step ahead of the herd